Can player weight change?

I bought a superb 19-year-old by the name of Romelu Lukaku, problem is he's a right fat **** - 6'4" and 15 st 3 lbs. His agility is "8" which doesn't help. I have him on an intensive strength and aerobic programme, but can a player's weight actually be reduced on FM10?

Well I've just started a new game with Ajax and searched him and at 16 he is 6'0 and weigh in at 11 st 11 lbs. Surely if his weight has changed so much in your game he must be able to lose the weight aswell. That said he might just be a very built lad and have 15 st of muscle.

15st at 6ft 4 is fat? You need to get out mate, 15 st is pretty average for that height and its probably mostly muscle. Weight doesn't affect anything so don't worry about it. Also you should be a bit more sensitive about things. Calling anyone a fat **** will probs get you a smack, its a game, its realistic.

Depending on his build, 6"4 and 15 stone isn't fat at all. I'm 6"2 and 16 stone, and I'm not fat. I'm not slender either, I'm solidly built. Even when I was 17 stone nobody would have thought I was fat(and believe me, I'd have been told by my mates!)

19. Picked up a bit towards the end of the season, will keep faith with him.

Oh give him time. He'll get faster. Besides, I doubt you signed him to dribble past defenders....

I am 6"2 but I am only 14 and weight 9 stone exactly does that make me underweight?

Depends on your build to be honest. If you're a naturally slim, then you might be alright, but that does sound a bit on the skinny side. I mean, I know a girl who is 8 1/2 stone, and 5"11. She's as slim as can be without being anorexic, so for you to only be half a stone heavier, but 3 inches taller, is a little worrying. I mean, that gives you a BMI of 16.2, which is underweight. Though I wouldn't rely on BMI too much. 2 months ago I would have been classed as obese, and now I'd still be classed as overweight, when to look at me, I'm not. For me to be healthy under BMI I'd have to be under 14 stone, which isn't healthy on my frame.

I am 6"2 but I am only 14 and weight 9 stone exactly does that make me underweight?

I'm 6'1" and weigh a little more than you (just under ten stone) and I'm pretty sure my BMI is right at the very low end of the 'normal' range, so yes I would imagine you are very slightly underweight. I doubt it will really be an issue for you at all though. Some people simply stay very light throughout their youth (often right up until their late thirties/early forties) and will always struggle to put on weight, be it fat or muscle. So do be aware that making radical lifestyle/diet changes to try and gain weight may very well turn out to be counter productive and do more than harm than good. At least that's pretty much what I was told when I asked my GP about it. You should probably do the same if you really are concerned.

But I digress. Back to Football Manager...

I have noticed players put on weight in the past too. I assume they can also lose weight. I don't see any reason why not.

Well I've just started a new game with Ajax and searched him and at 16 he is 6'0 and weigh in at 11 st 11 lbs. Surely if his weight has changed so much in your game he must be able to lose the weight aswell. That said he might just be a very built lad and have 15 st of muscle.

Wait...so height can change (i.e, increase) for youngsters as well? I honestly never knew. Can't say I've ever noticed it.

I was 6' by 13 too and weighed around the same. I stopped getting taller when i was 15 at just under 6'4".

I wouldn't worry too much about it, you'll most likely start gaining bodymass from around 16-21, where if your diet is healthy/balanced you'll peak at around 14/15 stone.

Find some photo's of your parents and both sets of grandparents from when they teens/young twenties ... genetics says you can expect to see where you will end up build (tall & slim/heavyset) wise from those pictures.

The heaviest I have been was around 18 stone, but I don't work out any more.

Ignore the Idiots that make fun of your size, just look down at them and comment on thier "thin spot", baldness worries people :D...

If you think Lukaku is fat, then you need to get out more and at least do some research on the player. He is a big boy, but not fat by any means. Built like a tank. Imagine Drogba, but bigger. He is a freak really, only 16 and this big. And to haul around that much body mass (mostly muscle), plus that height, and to have the coordination to do it, takes a ton of athleticism, especially at such a young age.

With the right training you can increase his agility by at least 3 or 4 points, and in all honesty, he doesn't need any more than that. He makes up for it more than enough with other stats like strength and balance. I have him on my team as well, and his low agility does not hinder him at all, not with everything else that he has going for him. In my latest season he ended up with 63 goals in 51 matches. Pretty much single handedly won me the La Liga title and CL.

He's an absolute beast, plain and simple.

Archived