The Game Could Not Be Saved

Hey,

Everytime I try to save I get an error saying:

Game Save Failed

The Game Could Not Be Saved.

This is the same for Save as and Save. I also tried saving it in a different disc which didn't work either. Any ideas on what I can do here?

What kind of errors.. and how?

Go to My Computer and right click on your hard drive.

Select properties.

Click the Tools tab.

You should see a button check for errors, click that.

Enable both options to automatically fix file sectors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

Then click start.

If you are currently using that drive, with you being logged on you probably are, then you will get a message that it will take place the next time you restart your PC. So you just have to restart it and it will happen. This could get take a while though.

Go to My Computer and right click on your hard drive.

Select properties.

Click the Tools tab.

You should see a button check for errors, click that.

Enable both options to automatically fix file sectors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

Then click start.

If you are currently using that drive, with you being logged on you probably are, then you will get a message that it will take place the next time you restart your PC. So you just have to restart it and it will happen. This could get take a while though.

Still no joy. I just recently changed computers so had to wipe the system too. Any other ideas?

Save it on a key and then replace it? If so, just the original one? Not the back ups?

No, just save it to see if it will save. In the game use the save as option and browse to your usb key and save it there. :thup:

Aye ive tried a couple, but it still didnt work. Anywhere specific you can recommend?

Not really as if it does not save in the couple of places you tried it probably does not save anywhere on your computer.

One thing I read in another thread though, is that a person got the message that game won't save everytime but the game actually did save. If you go forward a day and save the game, and then reload the game and check to see if it actually did save.

Not really as if it does not save in the couple of places you tried it probably does not save anywhere on your computer.

One thing I read in another thread though, is that a person got the message that game won't save everytime but the game actually did save. If you go forward a day and save the game, and then reload the game and check to see if it actually did save.

Ive actually got it saved in a folder now. Cheers for all the help! Highly appreciate it!

• 5 months later...

Archived