Controversy Stat

Hey,

Just a quick question -> is a player more controversial with a higher controverst stat, or a lower one?

I always presumed it was higher, but I only just found out that the Temperament stat is actually the other way round (as in, the lower the temperament stat, the more temperamental).

I ask, because I like to add myself to the game, and I've always given myself a low temperament and controversy stat (as I want "myself" to be professional). Now I've found out that with a low temperamental stat my player is actually very temperamental. No wonder he is/was only "fairly professional" with 20 Professionalism and "Volatile" with the media. It explains it all, haha.

Also, does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of being more controversial and more temperamental? What does it actually effect?

Thanks in advance. :)

I believe that when it comes to controversy the higher the number the more controversial a player.

For instance...

Allan McGregor who has been fairly controversial has a rating of 18 out of 20

Joey Barton has 20 out of 20

Theo Walcott on the other hand only has 1 out of 20 for controversy.

controversy - how controversial a player is. so a lower att. means he is less controversial and less likely to act like a prima donna.

injury proneness - how susceptible a player is to injury, meaning how likely he will get injured. so the lower the stat the less likely he is to get injured.

temperament - how well a player keeps his temper on and off the field. so the lower the stats the more likely a player losses it and starts beating people.

Ive always wondered that, the same goes for injury proneness.

All stats should be either higher is better or higher is they are more of whatever the stat is but FM may be a mixture of each which can be confusing.

Never really thought about injury proneness actually, good point. I'm fairly certain that the the higher the attribute for injury proneness, the more injury prone a player is though. My created player has 1 for Injury Proneness and is rarely injured, and never for long periods.

I believe that when it comes to controversy the higher the number the more controversial a player.

For instance...

Allan McGregor who has been fairly controversial has a rating of 18 out of 20

Joey Barton has 20 out of 20

Theo Walcott on the other hand only has 1 out of 20 for controversy.

Ah right, thanks. Good point actually, why didn't I just check Joey Barton's stat!? Aha, cheers. :)

controversy - how controversial a player is. so a lower att. means he is less controversial and less likely to act like a prima donna.

injury proneness - how susceptible a player is to injury, meaning how likely he will get injured. so the lower the stat the less likely he is to get injured.

temperament - how well a player keeps his temper on and off the field. so the lower the stats the more likely a player losses it and starts beating people.

Oh right, thanks. :)

I think part of the problem stems from the fact that in ordinary play a user shouldnt realy be able to see what stats his player has when it comes to injury prone, dirtiness and the likes.

So SI dont realy tell you what is good or not becuase generaly you shouldnt be seeing them in the first place.

Of course you could argue that since they give you the editor and you can set those hidden stats for players then a short section explaining each stat would be handy.

I think part of the problem stems from the fact that in ordinary play a user shouldnt realy be able to see what stats his player has when it comes to injury prone, dirtiness and the likes.

So SI dont realy tell you what is good or not becuase generaly you shouldnt be seeing them in the first place.

Of course you could argue that since they give you the editor and you can set those hidden stats for players then a short section explaining each stat would be handy.

You can't see the actual stat, but you can see a player's personality which is largely based on those hidden stats, so what each stat meant, or at least what each personality really means would be nice. Unless there is something somewhere that I've missed.

So Jeoy Bartons controversy must be 20, temperament =1. Lol

Close. His temperament is 2. :D

I find it easy enough to understand tbh regarding these attributes. Obviously for each attribute, the higher it is, the more of that attribute they possess. So if the higher something like composure is, then the the more composure that they possess. It is the same for all the other attributes. The higher injury proneness is, the more prone they are to injury. The higher controversy is, the more contoversy they possess so the more controversial they are. The higher their temperament is, the less likely they are to lose it.

Archived