I HAVE A SON!!! Uh, but...well...

Just a quick back story: I'm just about to start season 2019, I started my career with Nottingham Forest, got them promted and to safety, took over at Newcastle, got them Europe, went to Valencia, won them a few cups and the champions league while managing Uraguay for 6 years, including the semi-finals of the World Cup and winning the Copa America, took over as England boss and Real Madrid manager, won the champions league, a few cups and now the league title...

At the start of the season with the new youth intake I see that my assistant manager "has singled out Phil Coopvalho as one of the players of his generation." His second nationality is English so I am 100% certain that he must be my son, considering I made up the surname Coopvalho I havent seen any others in the world - not least on FM.

So up until now it's been a happy rejoicing thread...but then I click on my son to see his stats and everything...and then I see something.

He's black!

I'm not in the least racist lol, but I'm white, my son isn't even mixed race...so, alas, it appears that he isn't even my seed, just my adopted child because Coopvalho couldn't do the business :(

I know you can't specify this...ahhh it doesnt matter.

And I think in the majority of cases, a white and a black couple will have a mixed child. There are exceptions - my cousins family have one black, one white and one mixed child from the same parents - but I don't think this is common

But it wasnt a serious thread, hense the way I wrote it...but yahhhh

If you use FMRTE, you can change the race of players.

Perhaps your wife's a bit of a Vanessa Perroncel - check if any of the players have a "slight concern" about their relationship with you, or any of your coaches are looking sheepish and applying for jobs elsewhere.

It's the son you never knew you had. You've been getting around quite a bit in your career, and probably in your personal life too. Or at least perhaps that's what FM decided you were doing ;)

Then this kid shows up and says that you're his father, and you find out that he is super talented. Then you ride his talent for all its worth like any sensible parent would. It's Tiger Woods story all over again, minus the whole unknown son thing.

Archived