Laptop gets very hot while playing FM 10

my laptop crashes when playing FM WITHOUT charger in.

Even when fully charged up it crashes when i go to play a match day and completely shuts down.

But if I have the charger plugged in, regardless of battery life, it plays no probs.

any suggestions???

I second the dust comments - clean out the fan vents with some compressed air sprayers that you find at office supply stores. Two years ago I had the same problem - FM09 heated my laptop (Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz and 2gb RAM) to close to 90 C during play. I cleaned out the vents and the temps dropped to much more reasonable 75 C or so.

A fan under the laptop could help, or perhaps even having a fan blowing across the keyboard - the processor may be closer to the keys than the underside on your model.

Dell laptops are known to have an over-heating issue and mine kept shutting down during FM even when on a laptop table when it is being fully used. The compressed air is a long term solution but i found that vacuum cleaning all the fan vents and fans worked too so i just do that every month and works fine now. Hope this helps.....

A laptop is bound to get hot when your running a game with such a large database and the need for a great processor. I've bought a Mac and my Mac gets warm sometimes even hot. What i'd suggest is investing in a laptop cooler. Try not to buy too cheap of a one because they really ARE different. Thats pretty much all you can do unfortunately. I know many of these people suggest cleaning out the dust etc, but at the end of the day you're still going to have this issue.

Try monitoring your temperatures using a program called Core Temp, and your processor can go about 67-77C, but lets try and keep it around 50-60C as your playing this game because its a laptop.

If you need any help just let me know!

Just know, that if your computer is idle and you're still reaching those high temperatures of 60-70C, then you have a problem and will have to notify dell, and based on what Romeo Valentino has said, you're probably going to have too.

A laptop is bound to get hot when your running a game with such a large database and the need for a great processor. I've bought a Mac and my Mac gets warm sometimes even hot. What i'd suggest is investing in a laptop cooler. Try not to buy too cheap of a one because they really ARE different. Thats pretty much all you can do unfortunately. I know many of these people suggest cleaning out the dust etc, but at the end of the day you're still going to have this issue.

Try monitoring your temperatures using a program called Core Temp, and your processor can go about 67-77C, but lets try and keep it around 50-60C as your playing this game because its a laptop.

If you need any help just let me know!

Just know, that if your computer is idle and you're still reaching those high temperatures of 60-70C, then you have a problem and will have to notify dell, and based on what Romeo Valentino has said, you're probably going to have too.

really good application, thanks for sharing it

Archived