Not enough players available.

Actually there is this problem in FM10, well admittedly I did have enough non-grey players to play my League Cup Semi-Final in Portugal, but I did have 23 players on International Duty and had to have my U19s play the game. I have some screenshots somewhere, will find them and post so people don't think I am making it up. Only reason I had enough players for this game was because I was working on building a bunch of youngsters who could run the team in the future. This one game 0-0p loss to Porto ruined my effort to try and go back to back with all seven trophies Evora could win in a season, but I do just suck it up and go again.

23 Players missing

Thats what happens when you play a game nearly 2 years out of date. Theres no issues like this with FM10 that I know of

It doesn't matter what edition of FM it was - this kind of thing shouldn't happen!

Actually there is this problem in FM10, well admittedly I did have enough non-grey players to play my League Cup Semi-Final in Portugal, but I did have 23 players on International Duty and had to have my U19s play the game. I have some screenshots somewhere, will find them and post so people don't think I am making it up. Only reason I had enough players for this game was because I was working on building a bunch of youngsters who could run the team in the future. This one game 0-0p loss to Porto ruined my effort to try and go back to back with all seven trophies Evora could win in a season, but I do just suck it up and go again.

23 Players missing

Again was you using any kind of edited database. Also what was the international your players was called up for? Was it a friendly?

It doesn't matter what edition of FM it was - this kind of thing shouldn't happen!

Yes it shouldn't happen but there are bugs and you cant avoid that. If this was a known issue in 09, its his own fault for still playing a bugged game and not buying 10. You can probably get it for a fiver now.

This kind of thing has happened to me before. It has most probably happened because you havent checked whether your matches clash with any friendly internationals. I think it has been fixed for FM10 because often my matches are re-aranged just after i have withdrawn my players from their national squads.

There are no edits in that database I am using, a few of my players were called up for friendlies, (Maybe 2 or 3), but the rest were for Qualifying competitions for Continental Competitions (I think, it was a while ago), I know the number of friendlies was minimal or I would've been fine. Admittedly a few of those players are from the Americas so I can understand them missing from a league Cup game, but it was the fact that I was missing so many. I just carry on as I know these things happen, but just thought I should point out it does still happen in FM10.

I love this game and only point these things out so SI can have a look into it and see whats happening.

Thats an incredibly inconsiderate answer.

So wheres your input then? Im trying to discover the reason why its happening. As far as I know, there are no problems with FM10 (not that ive experienced anyway) so I thought it could have been a known problem with FM09.

You've not put it like that, you've practically blamed him... "thats what he gets" . Perhaps like many he can't just go and throw money at a computer game or perhaps his current computer doesn't meet the necessary requirements to play the new football manager both legitimate reasons as to why he's still playing FM 09 . Maybe he prefers the game or has an ongoing save which he thoroughly enjoys whichever reason it may be it is in no way his fault .

don't know where i got "thats what he gets" think i made that up lol... sorry

23 Players missing

this happened to me more then twice now

You've not put it like that, you've practically blamed him... "thats what he gets" . Perhaps like many he can't just go and throw money at a computer game or perhaps his current computer doesn't meet the necessary requirements to play the new football manager both legitimate reasons as to why he's still playing FM 09 . Maybe he prefers the game or has an ongoing save which he thoroughly enjoys whichever reason it may be it is in no way his fault .

don't know where i got "thats what he gets" think i made that up lol... sorry

I dont think his computer is a problem. How much has 09 changed to 10 with regards to computer specs?

Also you can pick the game up now for about £5 which is nothing.

Archived