PDA

View Full Version : Not enough players available.

R.P. McMurphy
18-07-2010, 17:33
Match day and i have five available players. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=206lb86&s=3

StevoRobbo
18-07-2010, 17:35
your probably using an edited database

R.P. McMurphy
18-07-2010, 17:38
err.. no. I'm not using edited database.

ArsenalFan7
18-07-2010, 17:40
Haven't you been given grey players in replacement?

Else you're going to have to holiday the game...

R.P. McMurphy
18-07-2010, 17:46
Haven't you been given grey players in replacement?

Else you're going to have to holiday the game...

yeah but are all very very ****** players

Neil Brock
18-07-2010, 17:46
Are you running the latest FM09 patch? Have you got any players in the reserves who can step up and play?

R.P. McMurphy
18-07-2010, 17:50
Are you running the latest FM09 patch? Have you got any players in the reserves who can step up and play?

Yep, latest patch. I had 3 players in reserves that were available.

R.P. McMurphy
18-07-2010, 18:05
I lost 3 point today and it really hurts my plans to play in CL next season.

StevoRobbo
18-07-2010, 19:16
Thats what happens when you play a game nearly 2 years out of date. Theres no issues like this with FM10 that I know of

Lower Leagues Rule
18-07-2010, 19:49
Actually there is this problem in FM10, well admittedly I did have enough non-grey players to play my League Cup Semi-Final in Portugal, but I did have 23 players on International Duty and had to have my U19s play the game. I have some screenshots somewhere, will find them and post so people don't think I am making it up. Only reason I had enough players for this game was because I was working on building a bunch of youngsters who could run the team in the future. This one game 0-0p loss to Porto ruined my effort to try and go back to back with all seven trophies Evora could win in a season, but I do just suck it up and go again.

23 Players missing (http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7990/lusitanoginsioclube6.png)

kevhamster
18-07-2010, 19:51
Thats what happens when you play a game nearly 2 years out of date. Theres no issues like this with FM10 that I know of

It doesn't matter what edition of FM it was - this kind of thing shouldn't happen!

StevoRobbo
18-07-2010, 20:16
Actually there is this problem in FM10, well admittedly I did have enough non-grey players to play my League Cup Semi-Final in Portugal, but I did have 23 players on International Duty and had to have my U19s play the game. I have some screenshots somewhere, will find them and post so people don't think I am making it up. Only reason I had enough players for this game was because I was working on building a bunch of youngsters who could run the team in the future. This one game 0-0p loss to Porto ruined my effort to try and go back to back with all seven trophies Evora could win in a season, but I do just suck it up and go again.

23 Players missing (http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7990/lusitanoginsioclube6.png)

Again was you using any kind of edited database. Also what was the international your players was called up for? Was it a friendly?

StevoRobbo
18-07-2010, 20:18
It doesn't matter what edition of FM it was - this kind of thing shouldn't happen!

Yes it shouldn't happen but there are bugs and you cant avoid that. If this was a known issue in 09, its his own fault for still playing a bugged game and not buying 10. You can probably get it for a fiver now.

The Knowles
18-07-2010, 20:21
This kind of thing has happened to me before. It has most probably happened because you havent checked whether your matches clash with any friendly internationals. I think it has been fixed for FM10 because often my matches are re-aranged just after i have withdrawn my players from their national squads.

Lower Leagues Rule
18-07-2010, 20:23
There are no edits in that database I am using, a few of my players were called up for friendlies, (Maybe 2 or 3), but the rest were for Qualifying competitions for Continental Competitions (I think, it was a while ago), I know the number of friendlies was minimal or I would've been fine. Admittedly a few of those players are from the Americas so I can understand them missing from a league Cup game, but it was the fact that I was missing so many. I just carry on as I know these things happen, but just thought I should point out it does still happen in FM10.

I love this game and only point these things out so SI can have a look into it and see whats happening.

huntelaar19
18-07-2010, 20:30

Thats an incredibly inconsiderate answer.

StevoRobbo
18-07-2010, 20:36
Thats an incredibly inconsiderate answer.

So wheres your input then? Im trying to discover the reason why its happening. As far as I know, there are no problems with FM10 (not that ive experienced anyway) so I thought it could have been a known problem with FM09.

huntelaar19
18-07-2010, 21:37
You've not put it like that, you've practically blamed him... "thats what he gets" . Perhaps like many he can't just go and throw money at a computer game or perhaps his current computer doesn't meet the necessary requirements to play the new football manager both legitimate reasons as to why he's still playing FM 09 . Maybe he prefers the game or has an ongoing save which he thoroughly enjoys whichever reason it may be it is in no way his fault .

don't know where i got "thats what he gets" think i made that up lol... sorry

Kohg
18-07-2010, 21:57

this happened to me more then twice now

StevoRobbo
19-07-2010, 00:14
You've not put it like that, you've practically blamed him... "thats what he gets" . Perhaps like many he can't just go and throw money at a computer game or perhaps his current computer doesn't meet the necessary requirements to play the new football manager both legitimate reasons as to why he's still playing FM 09 . Maybe he prefers the game or has an ongoing save which he thoroughly enjoys whichever reason it may be it is in no way his fault .

don't know where i got "thats what he gets" think i made that up lol... sorry

I dont think his computer is a problem. How much has 09 changed to 10 with regards to computer specs?

Also you can pick the game up now for about 5 which is nothing.