What's the longest you've gone.....

Without paying money for player?

I like to play a journeyman game, often starting with a randomly assigned club who very often have no money but I finally paid £1k for a player with the potential to be the best player the club has ever seen.

It's taken me 48 months to finally pay for a player. So how long have you gone without?

So far my True Career is in Aug 2010 (yes I have just started a month ago), and into my second season with some lowly Portuguese mob I managed promotion with in my first season. I have signed 20 players and lost 15 - not once has money changed hands in any transaction. Also with me closing on £100K of red debt (status is insecure) I don't think I'll be paying for a player any time soon.

I have had whole short games (4-5 year games) where I never pay for a player - or receive money for any.

7 years on my FM09 Dover Athletic save.

Spent 1 year in BSS, 1 in BSP and 5 in League 2. Soley relied on freebies, mostly rejected Premiership youngsters.

When I finally got promoted to League 1 I actually spent my first money: 55k on a promising Irish AM... Never actually performed well for me in the 3 years I had him but still sold him for 5.5mil. :D

Archived