long term game

Run all the major nations in Europe and South America, pick some some leagues such as Ireland, Belgium, Scandanavian ones, Chile, Paraguay, US, Mexico and S. Korea as background leagues. Also pick a large database, and load all players from some of the African countries as well, if your computer can handle it.

As for a sleeping giant, you can't get any sleepier than Preston N.E. (the original Giants), with Blackpool and Huddersfield deserving honourable mentions. Here's a list from the Daily Mail (though every one of the teams mentioned either had recent or no sucess so can't really be called sleeping giants).

You could try getting Liverpool a new stadium? Something I've yet to accomplish. That'll make you go far if you stay interested.

Clearing Man Utd's debt is another one which could see you last a while.

Also, regens come as they please. My best ever regen was generated at the start of the game.

The English teams above is a very good tip but if you want something more challengin take MK Dons. Here you can make your own history :) I'm doing it right now and i finished second after Leeds in the table first season..

want to start a long term game but not sure what leagues to run to get good regens from top nation in the future and get a good speed would also llike to play as a english sleeping giant any sugggestions?

You could always just load a small number of leagues then add the top players from each continent, that should give you a smallish database with lots of good regens.

Archived