Why would my goalie ever do this?

[video=youtube;neGpqtyZh04]

Someone care to explain please?

Because I can't understand why Adler has decided to be so ****ing idiotic as to go for the ball and then leave it for Higuian to score...

Plus he's either footed so easily could have just cleared the ball for a throw...

I know it's not exactly hugely important to anyone else but it is to me as this is a big game.

I just need a quick answer as to why a goalie would ever do this

Looks like a mentality issue mixed in with his decisions attribute.

I would guess you have him set very low down which means he won't go for the ball unless he is 100% guaranteed to get their first (in his opinion).

He started to come out then decided he couldn't get there so dropped back.

Turns out my goalkeepers mentality is fully defensive...

Thanks, at least I know why it happened... Even so I feel he should have ignored my tactics and cleared it anyway

and I'll bet his creative freedom is set to minimal as well :p

I still have to say it though...

Its still an issue with the game... regardless if Arsenal has set his mentality and CF to 1. Because no way in the world would a keeper do that. Common sense would see that he clears the ball. :) Only other explanation would be he slipped but i don't think that is programmed into the game.

Feel for you! :thup:

It's the champions league round of 16 first leg

Finished 2-2 but now Real have 2 away goals.

I'm the Europa League holder and Real Madrid are Champions league holders... So really if I lose by away goals or just one goal now it would be a huge pain in the ass

Haha, could be a very costly mistake then. Let me know how the 2nd leg goes. :)

I will.

May be pretty furious if I lose but at the end of the day I know my chances of winning the champions league were pretty dim anyway...

May have to punish Adler by letting a youngster play instead for a few games though

Arsenal.....mate I'm so sorry that happened. I don't think I've ever seen a keeper ever do such a thing in real life. Whenever they make the decision to come I've only seen them slow down or stop when the opposition attacker gets to the ball before them. Other than that when he's made up his mind he sticks to it and he clears the ball out.

SI should take a loot at that imo.

Well I've seen similar things happen before.

I'm sure alot of us will have seen weird happenings in game like this.

Hopefully I'll just go ahead and win the next leg. I'm not sure SI should really spend too much time looking at something like this though... It is pretty rare.

Adler's kicking is poor which could have been the problem (somehow).

He was available on a free transfer and I scouted him for Liverpool and his kicking was a problem. I played him only in cup games and found his kicking to be a major weakness. Sold for 35 million to Bayer Leverkusen (great business guys, well done :S).

Perhaps he has a mental block against rushing out and kicking?

Well, Adler saved a penalty in the second leg so he has made up for his mistake in a way, but then he let in another goal.

I just need to score at least 2 goals now to be safe.

It's very odd though and there could be many things linked to why he made that decision. Cougars theory does work best atm imo though.

Justice has been served I won 4-3 on aggregate.

Eren scored both my goals, he is the man.

That mistake easily could have been so costly though, I guess that I shouldn't use the same tactics for my goalie as I did before as stated by Cougar though.

Congratulations there mate.

Archived