Dr. F-Bomb or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Gave Up On Headhunting

Hello, this is Pretended, the ringleader creep from the Headhunter's Lair.

In this episode, I'll go into every detail about why I have not been playing FM '10 for the last 4 months since March.

After having mined into every corner of the earth for a gem, this was a regen seen fit to be placed in my game at the end of the 1st season.

I hope you enjoyed and appreciated the effort put into this.

Thank you.

He is a regen.

I've just started a French league game with identical database and he's not there.

The obvious purpose of the thread is obvious: Vent off about a regen after the end of your very first season you've spent hours on searching for the true talent, yet the game tells you that you shouldn't have done that. Just wait for some "bloated" regen.

Thank you sir but this does not count as a story the section you've directed supposes to see.

So what is your story? You're annoyed because you got a 1st season regen? So, different countries have different respawn dates, therefore 1st season regens are not rare at all.

Maybe if you'd left faces on you'd have been able to tell that he was a regen. Then you wouldn't have to get annoyed.

Sorry for the confusion but this is a regen. The guy comes from his own country, not CSKA Moscow as the SS shows it to be.

And it's not a "look at my regen" thread, I was managing Sporting (SS has wonders in it, just check please -_-). Contrarily, I was utterly frustrated with a regen popping off with such unparallelled attributes that put me off from playing FM '10 for 4 months.

Sorry for the confusion but this is a regen. The guy comes from his own country, not CSKA Moscow as the SS shows it to be.

And it's not a "look at my regen" thread, I was managing Sporting (SS has wonders in it, just check please -_-). Contrarily, I was utterly frustrated with a regen popping off with such unparallelled attributes that put me off from playing FM '10 for 4 months.

Why has a quality regen stopped you playing? So many people moan about the lack of regens now you don't want them? :confused:

Also why should we have to check every millimetre of your screen shot? Why can't you just answer without attitude? Not going to help now is it?

Well what stopped me from playing was I have spent hours and hours wandering every corner of the earth trying to find a gem to bring up, yet a year later an oversized regen pops up in one of the corners you'll never check and he gets snapped up by CSKA Moscow.

And the real frustration is not that he was snapped by CSKA, it is him being too good to be true.

So where was he before CSKA?

Was he at a club in Senegal? If so the only thing I can say is that scouting system is far from perfect outside of europe. It is not uncommon for players to be overlooked for one reason or another. I just found a 19 yr old french kid who looks just like that. He was created as a 15 yr old or 16 yr old......he was 19. Players get overlooked. That is why, as a manager, you continue to scout extensively. So you can find these gems. That is part of the fun of the game. Or would rather have a the game just drop lil messis or ronaldos in your youth team every year?

You really should not complain that you found him late. You should be happy that there is such a technically gifted newgen player in your game. All you need to do now is unsettle him and get to request a transfer ;):thup:

And he's all yours.

If you never check Africa for regens then thats your problem not the games. A lot of good regens come from Africa. If you had the Belgian leagues and french leagues loaded you would see quite a few.

Also why is he too good to be true? Is it because he's from Sengal and not Spain? He may not improve any more than what he is now, and to be fair, ive seen a lot of regens just as good as him. If a regen appears at 14 and you train them till they are 19 and play them, they can be just as good.

Some regens come into the game already developed. Especially in countries where not a lot of regens are made from. I once got a South African goalkeeper who came into the game as a regen at 24 and was one of the best keepers in the world. It happens.

Oh well if nobody thinks that regen is too good with those stats from the start popping up in his homeland, *not trained to be so*, then there's no point of me whining here. Sorry for the disturbance.

/bows out

What's the problem with a player having a high starting CA...

Plus it doesn't matter what country he is from

The problem is that Pretended wasn't able to spot him and buy him at a ridiculuously low price, and now he has to pay money for the player (and rpobalby do 6 to 18 months worth of buttering up). It's happened to me, it's happened to you, it's happened to Alex Ferguson, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Any way 18 months and hes available on a free, you can do a Bosman in less than 12.

The problem is that Pretended wasn't able to spot him and buy him at a ridiculuously low price, and now he has to pay money for the player (and rpobalby do 6 to 18 months worth of buttering up). It's happened to me, it's happened to you, it's happened to Alex Ferguson, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Any way 18 months and hes available on a free, you can do a Bosman in less than 12.

Ohh, well it's his fault.

He didn't get his scouts over to Africa, if every manager were to know about the best youth players all the time then football would be very boring.

Ohh, well it's his fault.

He didn't get his scouts over to Africa, if every manager were to know about the best youth players all the time then football would be very boring.

But it's fun when you do get them, like the tie I picked up a right back off Palmeiras for £1.4m, due to signing him at 15. In the meantime he'd become a first team regular, and the fans rioted when he left.

1st season, 19 years old, regen without a regen face, BS stats?

Fake.

For a start, that SS is from the second season, August 2010. Technically he could have been 17 when he appeared in the game and turned 18 not long after, now a year on he's 19.

He wont have a face if you turn the option off in preferences and the fact that he's 19 doesnt matter. I had a regen that came into the game at 24

So how is it fake?

1st season, 19 years old, regen without a regen face, BS stats?

Fake.

I don't think it is a fake. I've seen regens with similar stats in my game at that age. Outstanding technically but lacking at the moment in physical stats.

Regarding wanting to quit the game, after missing out on a regen like that seems a bit odd really. I missed out a fantastic regen, a midfielder with magnificent stats like that. He signed for Hoffenheim instead of me. I signed an alternative player and maybe in the future I could still sign him.

/sighs

To clear it up:

- The player in the SS is NOT FAKE or a REAL player. Firstly, why would I waste time on photoshopping an imaginary player and create a fuss about it here and secondly, it's my nth year in CM/FM scene and, fortunately, I can distinguish a real player from a fake one. Him not having a face as a regen has been clarified above. I just don't like ugly doll faces and I switched it off.

- I'm not complaining about the fact that I couldn't get him. I'm complaining about the fact that such a Senegalese and home-generated player with technical and mental stats comparable to world stars at the start of his career can be regenned by the game after the very first season where the database has enough real players. It's just proven useless to wander every other club from Ethiopia to Guinea manually when the game starts 'cause some mind-blowing one may be created next season; that's what bugs me to the boiling point.

- I scout all teams by myself. Thanks for criticisms about my lack of scouting skills but I defy that. One thing only I could admit about scouting that it's useless to do it. Just wait for the big-yet-10k-worth Mordorian grown Mordorian star to pop up after the 1st season that renders your scouting efforts meaningless.

- I personally reckon that he has only 3 physical attributes to be improved which are Acceleration, Stamina and Strength.

- For the last time, I think some Senegalese and home-grown player (I could care less if he was French or Dutch grown/re-genned etc.) with only a couple of stats to improve at the age of 18 is frustrating, not the fact that he was grabbed by someone else.

Phew. Thank you.

I still dont understand why your complaining he can't have world class stats because he's from Senegal. Look at arguable one of the best strikers of his generation, George Weah. He was from LIBERIA. Now is that wrong?

As for him coming into the game already with them stats. it happens, as ive already said. Especially players from countries that don't tend to produce a lot of regens. I once had a South African goalkeeper who came into the game at 24 and already had the stats as one of the best keepers in the world.

I missed out on him and AC Milan snapped him up for about £150k. 6 months later I bought him from AC Milan for £11.5m and he was probably in the top 3 keepers in the world.

Well any kind of ugly discrimination is not what I intend here as I pointed here saying:

...(I could care less if he was French or Dutch grown/re-genned etc.)...

George Weah was trained to be him. Sure he had the potential but he was nurtured to being a world class star. Had Messi been "undertrained", he would still be running around as a player with a good level of pace and decent dribbling skills, nothing more.

I had thought such world-class-from-the-start regens were abandoned in CM 2 days yet it's not so and that's my point from the start. I once had some Uche signed for my Glasgow Rangers (you had "schoolboy"s then) who became top goalscorer in his first season and left the club in the transfer window creating a big income for the team. But that was CM 2, as I said.

Worst thread in a long time.....

It is not clear what was meant in the original post, otherwise no clarification would have been needed. In truth I still do not fully understand the issue so let me try a summing up....

You looked at each team by yourself, trying to find good regens.

After doing this and finding none you then spot this guy who was generated after you had made your search.

So you stopped playing the game..........?

In conclusion......

You want to snap up all the best players and not have any of them go anywhere else, otherwise you stop playing.

This regen in your opinion, is too good? Why?

And you expect that once you've looked for players you won;t have to keep doing it every year.

I'm sorry but even while typing this it's obvious that you are either talking nonsense, or do not have the level of understanding of the English language to be aware that what you are saying does not make sense.

Well any kind of ugly discrimination is not what I intend here as I pointed here saying:

George Weah was trained to be him. Sure he had the potential but he was nurtured to being a world class star. Had Messi been "undertrained", he would still be running around as a player with a good level of pace and decent dribbling skills, nothing more.

Had Messi came into the game as a 15 or 16 year old he would have still be fantastic. In fact that is crazy - I've seen guys play 5-a-side with plenty of pace and good dribbling skills. He has been at Barcelona since his early teens because he was recognised as having world-class potential.

@scoot4nat

I never said I was looking for good regens, so the discussion about English skills may turn sides. But I appreciate you taking time to do something.

"After having mined into every corner of the earth for a gem"

Ehm, I think you did!

"Gem =? Regen" and the English discussion comes to a halt. Let's give up on that impossible mission, please, fella ?

He has been at Barcelona since his early teens because he was recognised as having world-class potential.

You've said it yourself, he has the POTENTIAL, as I agreed and confirmed here above saying:

George Weah was trained to be him. Sure he had the potential but he was nurtured to being a world class star.

You can't be a world class player by yourself, you have to be trained to fulfill your potential at a club with a decent youth academy. I've been telling over and over that I couldn't take a world class player (not the PA; the CA) being regenned from AS Douanes (SEN) with those über-stats.

"Gem =? Regen" and the English discussion comes to a halt. Let's give up on that impossible mission, please, fella ?

You've said it yourself, he has the POTENTIAL, as I agreed and confirmed here above saying:

You can't be a world class player by yourself, you have to be trained to fulfill your potential at a club with a decent youth academy. I've been telling over and over that I couldn't take a world class player (not the PA; the CA) being regenned from AS Douanes (SEN) with those über-stats.

Gem, regen, pedantic at best. You weren't clear in your post. You don't need a youth academy to produce great players.

English good or not - you were not clear. That is what I have been saying (not "telling") as have others. You have been banging on about this without clarity and it had to be dragged out of you. And what's the bottom line......it's THAT big a deal. Not warranting 4 months os restbite.

Right lets pretend your regen has a history. He was signed for AS Douanes (Sen) as a 10 year old with massive potential. He's been there for 9 years and in their first team since 15 because he is that good. Just because the game puts him in as a 19 year old with them stats doesnt mean he hasn't trained up from an early age. You need to use your imagination here.

Look at Fabregas. How many Barca fans knew who Fabregas was as a 14 year old and probably didn't even realise he was at the club. Then 5 years later, a 19 year old Fabregas is in the Arsenal first team and probably the best young player in the league. Now how many Barca fans would have heard of Fabregas by then and were wondering why Barca hadn't snapped up this prodigy as a young teen.

Guess what, they did, but he was unknown. The same thing is quite possible with your regen with a bit of imagination, and your still failing to see the point that regens from smaller nations or obscure nations will now and again produce a regen which is good enough to go straight into that countries national team. These types of regens need to be made to keep the game going.

Well you're insisting to miss my point. Whoever told you that some of the best players don't take root from Africa, I really don't know who but he's plain wrong.

Rather than going over the same phrases for the nth time again, please try to read my posts which have nothing to do with the imaginary claim you've been beating for quite some time now saying that "African players can not be massive players".

Right lets pretend your regen has a history. He was signed for AS Douanes (Sen) as a 10 year old with massive potential. He's been there for 9 years and in their first team since 15 because he is that good. Just because the game puts him in as a 19 year old with them stats doesnt mean he hasn't trained up from an early age. You need to use your imagination here.

That's comparably the most rational reply ever made here.

Well to refute the original poster's misguided aprehension that players from Africa (or other non-European countries) can't be good, I would like to point him towards ASEC Mimosas (formerly Abidjan), who have been producing top players from Cote d'Ivoire for the last 40 years. If the OP doesn't know of this club he doesn't know much about African football. In fact look at every CAF Champions League winner since 1990 and you will find teams packed with very good players.

And from the general tone of the OP posts here, the only logical conclusion that could have been made was that he was unhappy that he didn't spot a regen in time to pick him up for £50k.

/sighs

To clear it up:

- The player in the SS is NOT FAKE or a REAL player. Firstly, why would I waste time on photoshopping an imaginary player and create a fuss about it here and secondly, it's my nth year in CM/FM scene and, fortunately, I can distinguish a real player from a fake one. Him not having a face as a regen has been clarified above. I just don't like ugly doll faces and I switched it off.

- I'm not complaining about the fact that I couldn't get him. I'm complaining about the fact that such a Senegalese and home-generated player with technical and mental stats comparable to world stars at the start of his career can be regenned by the game after the very first season where the database has enough real players. It's just proven useless to wander every other club from Ethiopia to Guinea manually when the game starts 'cause some mind-blowing one may be created next season; that's what bugs me to the boiling point.

- I scout all teams by myself. Thanks for criticisms about my lack of scouting skills but I defy that. One thing only I could admit about scouting that it's useless to do it. Just wait for the big-yet-10k-worth Mordorian grown Mordorian star to pop up after the 1st season that renders your scouting efforts meaningless.

- I personally reckon that he has only 3 physical attributes to be improved which are Acceleration, Stamina and Strength.

- For the last time, I think some Senegalese and home-grown player (I could care less if he was French or Dutch grown/re-genned etc.) with only a couple of stats to improve at the age of 18 is frustrating, not the fact that he was grabbed by someone else.

Phew. Thank you.

So is the first bolded text not another example of you complaining that this regen is from Senegal and has brilliant stats?

The second bolded text is you again annoyed that a world class regen has come from Africa which is somewhere that you clearly dont scout. If you only want to scout the usual places like the main European countries and South America then thats fine, but dont complain when a regen comes from somewhere you have failed to scout.

Also you constantly keep complaining about the fact he came into the game with those stats (already a world class player). This happens plenty of times. Ive lost count of the amount of world class German regens ive found at the start of the game and most of them have been 17 not 19.

If you choose to scout each individual team/country yourself thats fine. Yes scouts do miss players but also so do you, obviously. Stop complaining and get on with it.

Archived