José Manuel Reina being top goalscorer in Barca..!

This is a tip for all of you who still got the cm 99/00, (I believe, not 100%).

For you that don't remember or are to old to played it here's some info:

*Statistics info is the same in every player position: Games, Goals, Conceeded, Assist, Yellow, Red, Rating, (Maybe one more)

*You score 9/10 penalties doesn't matter what player stats on penalties

Here's why this is relevant:

I started a save with Barcelona and wanted to create a full youth team. I sold all the Dutch players, (Barca has a Dutch player in every position in this game.) Only one I kept was Kluivert because I needed him.

Bought players like Sigporsson, Adu, Jorgensen and Ronaldinho (think it's this version he plays in Gremio, but doesn't have fixed stats) and many more.

But I also wanted to break som records in the club: Most league apps, and most goals.

Started every game I could with José Manuel Reina (his first year in Barca) and Haruna Babangida (Second year in Barca).

I wanted to see if I could get Reina to take all my penalties and if it showed in the stats. Played one season and he had 7 goals and around 20 conceeded!!

This ended up being one of my best and funniest saves ever and lasted a bit over 20 years!

A long time Babangida had most apps and Kluivert had most goals but I remember just before the computer collapsed Reina had over 700 league games for the club, (only in La Liga!) And most importantly, he had around 250 goals for the club! Being the all time top goalscorer in Barcelona!!

He had arond 12-13 goals in average per season, with a best of 19 goals and 7 as worst. Only in penalties!!

Has anyone else done anything like this?

And please, I remember Illingr being nr 1 goalkeeper in Real with Bizzari and Casillas as subs but if anyone knows what nr 1 keeper in Barca was, please tell me. Annoying not to remember :)

That's pretty funny. You must have had some so many penalties. Did you edit his penalty taking stat or was it already high?

No I did not edit, and I actually don't know if his pen stat was high because I have never used any editing program or genie or anything, (and I don't remember if set pieces showed on keepers..) So I'm guessing this was pure luck or something!

Some seasons I got twice the amount of penalties, (like when he scored 19 goals I must got around 20 pens and normally I got 10-15 pen kicks per season), but he scored on almost every penalty kick, that's why he could get this amount of goals per season.

I haven't tried this with any other keeper in that game so I don't know if it's just Reina or it's easy for every keeper to score... But if anyone has, it would be fun to know!!

if you meen freddy adu he was about 8 or 9 at this point.

Yeah sorry. Guess that was in 2004 or something he was 14 in Dc united. Mixing him up with some other kid from mexico I think that also could play in his position :o Jesulino or something.. Ten years ago thats why I'm not 100% about every number either... Stern John was the one to buy from the American league in this game!!

Archived