World Class greyed-out players

Normally, one would expect those greyed-out players (who are there to make up the numbers) to be poor. I'm the manager of Mexico, and with one regen keeper as the only goalkeeper from the whole country in the game, the other two keepers are greyed-out players to make up for the two empty goalkeeper slots. But, look at their stats:

66f4zq.jpg

2z5rin5.png

Too good to be true. If such a player existed, he definitely wouldn't be greyed-out. Greyed-out players logically have to be much worse than that. Or perhaps these players are just secretly good and they prefer other occupations? Not very realistic.

It would be pointless if they were rubbish.

They are there to make up the numbers as you say so are given a similar ability to what you would expect had more GKs been available for that country.

These players are unattached to a club, and nobody can offer them a contract, and this is highly unrealistic for players of this ability. If they are this good, they have to be real. If a team does not have enough players and need a couple more players from somewhere, they will pick out a few obscure ones from nowhere, and not a few world class ones from nowhere. World class players don't come from nowhere.

These players are unattached to a club, and nobody can offer them a contract, and this is highly unrealistic for players of this ability. If they are this good, they have to be real. If a team does not have enough players and need a couple more players from somewhere, they will pick out a few obscure ones from nowhere, and not a few world class ones from nowhere. World class players don't come from nowhere.

Is it realistic that in the whole world there is only one Mexican goalkeeper?

I'm guessing that you haven't got the Mexican leagues loaded and this has led to only a minimal number of Mexican players in your database. You have chosen this path creating this scenario (Probably due to the limitations of your PC) and are complaining when the game works around your choices to keep a semblance of balance.

They are just used to fill the gaps to make sure Mexico will still compete at the same level regardless of which leagues/players you have loaded. International football on the game would be pretty awful if this didn't happen.

Is it realistic that in the whole world there is only one Mexican goalkeeper?

I'm guessing that you haven't got the Mexican leagues loaded and this has led to only a minimal number of Mexican players in your database. You have chosen this path creating this scenario (Probably due to the limitations of your PC) and are complaining when the game works around your choices to keep a semblance of balance.

Is it realistic that the number two and three Mexican goalkeepers, with stats that allow them to easily walk into most Champions League teams, are hidden nowhere in the game, unable to play professional club football elsewhere other than in a league I didn't load?

The most logical reason that there is only one good Mexican goalkeeper in anybody's game is because the rest are rubbish. I used Genie Scout and only managed to find one other goalkeeper in the database, and his attributes are utterly appalling. But why is he in the game, and not the two greyed-out ones? It would be more realistic if such world-class greyed-out players are real and playing at a real club and clubs are able to sign them for real, rather than being stuck in a Mexican club as a player that can appear and disappear whenever he likes because I haven't loaded the league. If such part-timers were in real life, they are more likely to be rubbish.

Actually, screw all that. I can't register my squad for the Confederations Cup because I don't have enough goalkeepers in the team.

Are you aware you come across very narrow minded in your above post?

Mexico are hardly a third rate footballing nation.

In the database their league reputation is on a par with Holland, Russia & Turkey whilst in RL 13 of the 22 that went to the World Cup play their club football in Mexico.

I really don't get why you can't understand that Mexico have good players playing in their own league (One that you haven't loaded). The grey players are created when you are short of players and given a realistic level of attributes for the team they are created for.

I agree with Cougar here, Mexico have the probably strongest league in the Americas, simply because the clubs have the money to keep the strongest players (that's why there's not so many Mexicans in Europe). The clubs themselves are very compeditive (not like e.g. England where you have 3 potential tilte winners, 6 potential Europa League qualifiers and 11 relelgation candidates). The national team performs (relatively) badly at international competitions, but is strong as evidenced by an abilty to beat everyone else.

Mexico also tend to bring through very strong goalkeepers. Their world cup line up consists of Ochoa, Perez and Michel, a world class gk in Ochoa, a very strong gk in Perez and a very unlucky keeper in Michel (in that he came in the time of the other two). Orozco is another goalie near the national team currently and is an up-and coming player. Previousl goalies include Oswaldo Sanchez and Jorge Campos.

I haven't seen a situation with a big team carrying greyed players who are useless in a long time (probably CM 97-98).

Even if some leagues are greyed out, there are many players who play for those clubs that are actually in the database. These players are mostly decent, some world class. They are able to be signed by other managers, given contracts, like any other real database player. Why not these two? Oscar Perez and Guillermo Ochoa both play in the Mexican Primera Division, but are they greyed out?

Cougar, I'm baffled with your ability to read my posts. I never said that Mexico is a third-rate footballing nation. I just haven't loaded that league. I agree with you that they should be given a ability proportional to the reputation of the league, but there should not be a shortage of players if players with that ability can exist. The reason the game does not use players from unloaded leagues in a particular save's database is because those players are so poor they are unlikely to be signed by a team in a loaded league. Not those two. And why would I be complaining, I'm more than pleased to have these two players at my disposal, I'm just sharing this interesting situation with people who aren't as cynical as to persistently nitpick at others' comments.

Brian, as the manager of Napoli, high reputation, the players generated, because I had only one goalkeeper in the whole squad, were appalling. I have never seen even a half-decent player as a greyed-out player at Napoli. Maybe it's different for an international team, but having two greyed-out keepers who are actually better than the one who is real, is interesting.

More importantly, I cannot register my squad for the Confederations Cup, due to the lack of goalkeepers. Had to resort to holidaying that day itself, but those two greyed-out players are gone.

I just haven't loaded that league. I agree with you that they should be given a ability proportional to the reputation of the league, but there should not be a shortage of players if players with that ability can exist.

It is the other way around really, these players exist because there is a shortage of players due to the leagues/players you have loaded. Had you of loaded all the Mexican leagues/players then I suspect you would probably have a couple of real goalies of a similar standard at your disposal.

It is the other way around really, these players exist because there is a shortage of players due to the leagues/players you have loaded. Had you of loaded all the Mexican leagues/players then I suspect you would probably have a couple of real goalies of a similar standard at your disposal.

Its unfortunate really that there's no half-way point between the 'large database' of 10000 players and actually selecting every single league for every country you want to have a sufficient pool of representation.

More importantly, I cannot register my squad for the Confederations Cup, due to the lack of goalkeepers. Had to resort to holidaying that day itself, but those two greyed-out players are gone.

You have to leave two (sometimes three, not sure why) free spaces in your squad then submit the team, then it should just add greys to make the numbers up

Archived