I didn't receive my next season transfer/wage budget

Playing with Bath, got 11th in the premier league my first year, looking forward to getting some more money to buy players for, as there are still lots of spots in my team i can improve. Previous years i've got the budget update and next season expectations around in late June, but now it's July 3rd and i haven't gotten anything! The next season fixture list has been announced, i've got updates on season ticket sales, i've got the odds for next years winner, etc, the transfer window has been opened and everything, but i haven't got any budget update whatsoever.

I am sure i got this before the transfer budget opened every previous year, around the 25th june or something. but now i'm at the 3rd of july with no money to buy anyone for, and no money for wages either. The board is supposed to ask you for the next season expectations and then give you a budget according to that, but nothing like that has happened yet.

is something wrong?

Yeah i think the expectations are updated. They're the same expectations as last year (i got promoted last year and was expected to bravely fight against relegation, i chose that as my option in the budget thing last season) but they all seem updated as they're all on a neutral okay, whereas they were at superb previously as I finished 11th my first season.

But no budget whatsoever. And i have quite a lot of money, around 12 million euros in my balance. I haven't got the event for TV rights money yet though, which last year happened at the same time i got my transfer/wage budget choice...

anyways, i don't dare to continue before i get this resolved, i need to be sure it comes later or something, because i need to strengthen my squad and without any transfer money i can't do that. I asked the board for money and they said no because "they havent seen any return on the budget i've been given"

Also this MIGHT have something to do with that on june 23rd or 24th or something I got 150 new unread messages, all on players being deleted from my shortlist, and it could be possible that I had over 150 new messages, and that some of them didn't show up because only 150 of them fit in my messages page, so maybe i just accidentally went past the budget decision...

Also this MIGHT have something to do with that on june 23rd or 24th or something I got 150 new unread messages, all on players being deleted from my shortlist, and it could be possible that I had over 150 new messages, and that some of them didn't show up because only 150 of them fit in my messages page, so maybe i just accidentally went past the budget decision...

It's this - it happened to me once. Usually FM gets the priority of the e-mails correct but in this case it doesn't and it just selects the first option. Really frustrating.

It's this - it happened to me once. Usually FM gets the priority of the e-mails correct but in this case it doesn't and it just selects the first option. Really frustrating.

so what do i do about it? How do i get my budget?

You had 150 player on your shortlist? :eek:

yeah i had gone on a scouting spree in south america when i got the ability to scout there last year, all on the same day, and didnt bother to delete them from my shortlist after scouting

Okay well I reloaded a save from may and played my way back to the end of june, making sure to remove all those players from the shortlist before the 25th of june, and sure enough when the day came I got my season expectations and all that. So i'm happy now :)

Archived