50per cent sell on clause mix up

Ok so i sell a regen to feyenoord in 2020 for 8.75m euro with 50per cent sell on clause added. Now i had'nt noticed arsenal bought him for 5.75m in 2022 and i never got the clause money. Its now july 2023 and the option appeared for me to sell the clause from feyernood, which i did for 6.45mil, even though he is no longer at that club. So in effect feyenoord have lost extra money . Has this happened to anyone else?

No its not 50per cent profit. I always put the full 50. I think i hav'nt explained myself right, sorry. I am northampton and feyenoord seem to have missed paying the clause owed to me and a year after i get the chance to cash in the clause from feyenoord even though the player has long gone to arsenal and i end up getting more than they got selling the player on.

I have never in all my many years on FM seen a team buy out a sell on clause for a player. I didn't even know it was part of the game.

I can't remember if it was a new feature for FM10 or FM09. Anyway if you go to your transfers and then clauses, the clauses that have a mark to the left of them and you can sell/buy them if you wish.

This situation here, though, seems like a bug.

Archived