Hold On, Are You Joking Me??

The transfers and wages in the game are actually ridiculous.

So, in real life Jérome Boateng goes to Man City for 11 MILLION.

However, some how in this game, after my first season HSV want me to buy him for 41.5 Million?????

WTF?

They better fix this in FM2011, it's just absurd.

Obviously not but the point I'm trrying to make is, why is he priced so much is the game when realistically Man City wouldn't pay 41 Mill for him

HSV wouldn't even offer 41million for him realistically.

So you accept that negotiation took place in RL but your not prepared to negotiate in the game?

They ask for £41m because they clearly do not want to sell. If you choose to pay over the odds then so be it. Trust me with a little patience you should be able to get him for around £15m tops.

Sometimes you have to play the long game. Tap him up, tell him you rate him for 4-6 months before the window. Keep it going and eventually you'll end up unsettling him and they will have to accept an offer that is more reasonable.

Should also point out that there are several hundred threads about this. Most of which Cougar or myself or both have said exactly the same we've just said now. Have a look around.

Some negotiation to go from £41m to £11m.

Perfectly possible, in my save he just moved to Udinese for £5.5m (2012).

Not when they pull stupid prices out of the bag like 41Million when is worth 8 million or so... ??

and when someone wants to buy one of your first team players that you don't want to sell do you quote them a high price?

I just quoted a team £20m for a 19yo right winger that is valued at £2.6m. Chances are if they insist I'll be forced to sell but I'll probably get between £5m & £10m for him in the end.

That doesn't stop me quoting a high price to start with though.

Some negotiation to go from £41m to £11m.

Exactly this. If they come out with £41m straight off, there is no way they will go down to anywhere near £11m.

It seems that unless a player is transfer listed, has a min fee clause at a reasonable price or only a year left on his contract, you always have to pay over double (at least) of the players value, even if they are not needed at the club and hardly ever play a game.

Never actually thought interaction praise causes players to get unsettled as some players, are very loyal to their club but thanks anyway.

And I'll look around next time before making a thread.

It wasn't meant as aggresively as it sounded. So apologies for that.

Those other threads will contain a wealth of info that I couldn't be bothered to type out again. Good luck :thup:

Archived