Unlikely manager moves

In the game I'm playing just now, Martin Jol decided to leave his Ajax team which has just qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League and with which he won the double last season.

His destination?

Bari.

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Anyone else had any strange moves from managers?

Martin Jol reported to join Fulham, and Ajax are in champions league.

yeah but managing the epl is better than managing in holland. no offense to holland but the epl is better. + you would be able to attract the same type of players to fulham that you would from ajax

Moving at the end of a season after you fail to win the league or do well in Europe is one thing, especially when you are moving to a team that's just been in the Europa League Final.

However in my game, Jol is leaving an Ajax team that is FAR more successful than in real life to join a Bari team in serious danger of relegation unless he can turn things around in 3-4 months and not many decent players. He should at least stick around for Ajax's last 16 Champions League tie, whatever the league reputations.

On my game, I'm in 2033, and a couple of seasons ago Steven Gerrard(he's a top manager!) was Man City boss, and was challenging for the title against me and Liverpool. The West Ham job then became available, and he left to take it. West Ham do have a good rep on this as they've won the league twice since the start of the game, but Man City have been more successful. Though neither have won the league in the last 12 years.:cool:

I think the league reputation Bug/Issue has stopped me from becoming England Manager on my Le Havre game. I have completed 5 seasons, the last 3 as Champions of France yet i was beaten to the England Job at the start of my 6th season by Clarke Carlisle.

I cant see any reason why i wouldnt have got the job over him other than the league rep issue.

worst one I've seen was after I rejected the England job in my Sunderland RCA game the job was given to Brian Howard, the current Reading midfielder, who had just retired from playing and had no experience whatsoever.

Archived