FM2011 should be similar to FM07

Lots of peoples favourite FM was 2007 with its realistic league finishes, competition winners, transfers and realism of loaning players out. Plus 07 skin was fantastic and doesn't hurt your eyes compared to the bright 2010 skin, black skin being annoying and don't like it. Obviously keep the 3D and all the key aspects of 2010 but add the match engine of 2007 and aspects added that isn't on 2010 i.e. emergency loan signings. I recently played 2007 and just fallen in love with it, unlike 2009 and 2010 :( Who's with me that 2011 should be similar to 2007?

Lots of peoples favourite FM was 2007 with its realistic league finishes, competition winners, transfers and realism of loaning players out. Plus 07 skin was fantastic and doesn't hurt your eyes compared to the bright 2010 skin, black skin being annoying and don't like it. Obviously keep the 3D and all the key aspects of 2010 but add the match engine of 2007 and aspects added that isn't on 2010 i.e. emergency loan signings. I recently played 2007 and just fallen in love with it, unlike 2009 and 2010 :( Who's with me that 2011 should be similar to 2007?

Of course no.

I'm not sure if anyones mentioned it yet, but, NO!

07 was a fantastic iteration of FM, lots of really great things to say about it but its 4 years old almost! A journey back in time is not called for. If you don't like the skins, download another. If you like 07 skin then Cleiria has made one for 10 and Dave Byrd has adapted that in a flex style.

FM 07 was by far the most stable version of FM, specially in long term games. But I don't think FM11 should be a FM07, however FM11 could be a great game if it mimics many things from FM07, like regens having proper hidden stats and, consistency and imp. matches attributes improving with experience, because in fm10 it's very annoying to have "world class" players in the future with 6 in consistency and 4 in important matches.

Nice to see some constructive replies in here ;)

I loved 07 and I'd like certain aspects to be similar but I don't think SI should rip stuff out of 07 and put it into 10. One for the obvious reason that it would probably cause no end of problems and two, I'd prefer that the aspects that aren't as good as 07 are worked upon. Regens for instance still need a lot of work.

FM07 was very fun and engaging - I'd argue more engaging than this version. This and FM08 to a certain extent were simple but engrossing games - you could rampage through season after season wanting to see what happened next. To me, at least, this isn't the case in FM10 - it's certainly better than FM07, but for some reason I find it a whole less engaging and I go back to the old versions fairly quickly. Maybe it's just me.

Cut out the abuse and bickering please.

Its not bickering. He's now been downright insulting to 2 people. What is the problem with GD, if that had been me, then I'd be looking at an infraction. Best bet is if I leave the children to play on their own in GD, if anyone wants me I'll be in GPTG.

Big :thdn: to GD.

FM2007 was in so many ways inferior to this outing. But it was really absorbing in a way this game isn't. I can't help but feel that FM2008 onwards has done a Labour - it's introduced gimmicks that nobody needs or likes (press conferences) in an attempt to make things better. I love FM, I can't think of a better game but people must bear in mind it is a game and the end of the day if it isn't enjoyable, no matter how realistic it is, it's not worth having.

I remember reading somewhere that during the process of creating HL2 everything included had to be 'fun'. That's certainly not the case with some features of FM (except perhaps for diehards) and it's to the game's disservice.

It is not very often I get dismayed with some members of the FM forums but this is one of them.

The OP expressed his views in a constructive manner and all he got from some of the replies was negative criticism.

Replies such as;

"Of course no" or

"What a horrible post. No, this will not happen, and I find it a bit frightening that some fans have so little insight when it comes to what makes the game good" or

"stupid horrible post"

These sort of replies are meaningless and stifle constructive debate.

If you want to criticise do it in a constructive manner and add something to the debate.

I never played 2007, but if it was anything like 2006 then you had a good game because I really liked 2006.

FM 2010 is leaps ahead with its magnificent 3d match views etc, but that don't mean that what came before is to be discarded as no good or irrelevant.

Progress comes as drip feeds, and not like a bolt of lightning.

The OP is only 15 and has a different perspective on life to older folk, but at least he expressed himself in an adult manner.

As a 57 year old grandfather of a magnificent 16 year old lad I am proud of a lot of our youngsters.

My final message is " If you can't say anything positive then don't say anything at all".

well said billy wright, that was my first thought when i made my reply to stick up for him. my other comments were stupid on reflection and i would like to apologise to anyone i offended i truly mean that i almost feel embarrassed when i think that we have a gentleman like yourself on these forums i respect my elders and i am sorry Mr billy wright that you had to see my stupid posts

I agree with a lot of what Billy Wright said above. There were several pointless replies to the OP.

However, if you try to improve the game obviously it will bring about bugs. That's natural. You want FM07 with all the good things from FM10 added in? That is basically what FM10 is but that can cause bugs. It is not as simple as just adding features in that work perfectly and don't negatively affect anything else.

And the skin can be changed to a custom made one to suit your taste.

In a sense FM has progressed in a similar way to anything else in life.

Take cars for instance.

Today you have ABS, aircon, cup holders etc.

Some add to the safety aspect, some are cosmetic and add to the convenience aspect.

I remember the old BL (British Leyland) Mini; a great drivers car, but not if you were a passenger.

In short what I am trying to say is that we see a game like FM from so many viewpoints.

Do you want it to be quick, as regards getting to the actual matchplay,

Do you want it to model the real football world.

Do you like getting involved in the nitty gritty of training, staff / player relations etc.

FM 2010 is not perfect, no game in whatever genre that I have played has been perfect, BUT

FM 2010 is as close as it gets under current technical capabilities / constraints etc.

As for bugs, well there are more bugs in your bed than there are in FM 2010; now that's a thought to sleep or not, depending on how many bugs in your bed

• 1 month later...
I agree with a lot of what Billy Wright said above. There were several pointless replies to the OP.

However, if you try to improve the game obviously it will bring about bugs. That's natural. You want FM07 with all the good things from FM10 added in? That is basically what FM10 is but that can cause bugs. It is not as simple as just adding features in that work perfectly and don't negatively affect anything else.

And the skin can be changed to a custom made one to suit your taste.

We all expect some improvements in a way or the other. I'm FM07 fan and have been playing ever since it was released up until to this day, because later versions failed to impress me.

I know that future releases will have improvements and new features. What I think, at least for me is that despite bringing the new versions to be closer to reality, the fun and addictiveness part of the game has been completely forgotten and especially in FM09 was none existing.

Sure Press Conferences exists in reality, but if I think in reality they are boring by nature, then in game just furthers improves my point.

I think what the OP and The first posters of this thread seemed to fail to understand, is the OP saying that since he had fun in FM07, then FM11 should look like Fm07, which means it should be fun. Instead many of you outright like Billy Wright so genbtleman has said.

Perhaps I'm some sort of freak for being Stupid, horrible or something to the eyes of some members apparently, because I have this tendency when I'm going to play a game, I want to have fun.

FM07 was good in its day but FM has made huge strides since then. I think if I went back to playing it now I would be disappointed. FM10 has been the best in the CM/FM series to date (in my opinion) and as long as FM11 remains generally error free in its initial release, then all signs point to FM11 being the new king :)

I like FM10 much more than FM07, the only downside of FM10 is the domination of narrow formations.

And it's very hard to play like Barcelona or Arsenal on FM10, if you get the possession right for some reason you have no real attacking threat's, and if you get the attacking part right you no longer dominate the possession.

Ah well, maybe on FM11. :thup:

FM07 was good in its day but FM has made huge strides since then. I think if I went back to playing it now I would be disappointed. FM10 has been the best in the CM/FM series to date (in my opinion) and as long as FM11 remains generally error free in its initial release, then all signs point to FM11 being the new king :)

I share the same Opinion about the error free part.

But in all honesty don't understand the going back would make you disappointed in FM07. Are you expecting the 3D in FM07? Are you expecting Press Conferences in FM07? Are you expecting the new Transfer system in FM07?

Now if you enjoy now more FM10 then FM07, then I'm happy for you. However just because minority of us don't like FM10, FM09 and FM08 and have more fun in FM07, doesn't give the right to some users have the reactions and replies they had in this thread and other threads.

I share the same Opinion about the error free part.

But in all honesty don't understand the going back would make you disappointed in FM07. Are you expecting the 3D in FM07? Are you expecting Press Conferences in FM07? Are you expecting the new Transfer system in FM07?

Now if you enjoy now more FM10 then FM07, then I'm happy for you. However just because minority of us don't like FM10, FM09 and FM08 and have more fun in FM07, doesn't give the right to some users have the reactions and replies they had in this thread and other threads.

Like I say Fm10 in my opinon is the best game in the series so I personally wouldnt want to go back. Naturally if you feel otherwise thats quite alright, we are all entitled to have our own preferences.

I did enjoy FM07, from memory it was the one where they reduced the stats of top players to stop matches finishing 5-4 when you were playing the best teams, but it doesn't compare to FM10.

I really don't know, but for me I have much more fun with FM07 then FM10 with all its features. Go figure.

For me a game like FM the first priority for me is fun, because if I don't have fun, i don't enjoy the game and have little or no patience for the game.

Like I say Fm10 in my opinon is the best game in the series so I personally wouldnt want to go back. Naturally if you feel otherwise thats quite alright, we are all entitled to have our own preferences.

Like you said we are all have we have our own preferences and like I said, I'm happy for you, that you enjoy FM10 so much.

I think FM07's ME was of a higher quality than any ME we've had since.

The sort of skin was much nicer than the plain white skins we have these days. I hope skins in the future revert to the "coloured" backgrounds rather than white. Even Ter prefers those skins. I know you can download them, but I have an irrational fear of graphics packs :(

Emergency loans are in FM2010, as they are in FM07. If you mean loans outside the windows, those aren't in either version, unless I'm much mistaken.

I thought league tables in FM07 could be disastrous though, and I prefer the current transfer system. You have a good point with regards to loans, though it could sometimes be a bit too hard. However, IMO that is still the case on FM2010.

I personally find FM07 to be much more engaging, and far less cumbersome than FM10. The problem with FM10 is that, unlike FM07, it's purposefully thrown in little metagames between matches that slow the pace of the game down. Press conferences really are nothing more than metagames, where choosing the 'right' answers makes your players happy. FM10 has essentially introduced speed bumps that we can either slow down for, or else let the assistant manager handle-- which often results in poor performances, and occasionally in dreadful performances.

Dido, Brend. I concur every word you said.

I have to say one thing. I like FM07 better then FM10, because I have more fun with it, and like Brend said because i have such fun with it, it is more engaging then FM10 and its new features and metagames.

08 was an improvement on 07 and when I play 08 I wish it had the improvements from 09 and 10. Essentially theres not much difference between any of them but for some reason I hate 09 and 10.

I hope they just take the best bits from all of them but return it to the thing I loved so much about the earlier ones.

While my all time fav was 01/02, if you play it now and its crap. And it wasnt too different from 00/01, just slightly improved.

I think the problem is as time goes buy you just want and expect more.

I think the problem is as time goes buy you just want and expect more.

This: IMO FM10 is the best by far. I never really got into 09 even though it probably was an improvement from FM08, which was the first FM i'd bought for a while and so probably had more fun playing, although with the TC I reckon FM10 wins even in this category. A big step-up from 09 imo.

Each new game is simply a progression from the last, it makes no sense to go back in time. SI try to improve everything they can with each new edition. If you don't like the newer versions then play an older one.

I can't really understand what the post is really asking for, SI try to maintain the good things from previous games while adding in some improvements to certain other areas

Archived