PDA

View Full Version : Managing a National Team

hozhoz
16-07-2010, 16:00
I started as club manager of FC United in the Unibond Premier, and have managed to get them to the Championship (by 2019). In 2015 or so I was offered the job as Ivory Coast U-21s manager and accepted it, I hoped this would be my first step into International management but I have not been successful in applying for and have not been offered an international job since.

My reputation is listed as Continental (presumably through so many promotions) and I have most of the manager attributes between 14-18. Just wondering if there should be any problems in me gaining international jobs in this situation? I didn't think I'd have to but would I need to quit my job first?

Thanks.

Jedaye
16-07-2010, 16:30
What patch are you using?

Manden
16-07-2010, 17:01
I have had problems with getting a new international job when I already had one, resign from ivory coast and start applying

jod123
16-07-2010, 17:17
It is much more difficult, it seems to me, in getting international jobs in this version but eventually I have managed to work my way up after many rejections. I started off with New Zealand U19's, with my first full national team being Malta and now I am Portugal manager. It is harder but it obviously is not impossible. I have been manager of a club and a nation when applying for them as well so I don't know if that helps.

hozhoz
16-07-2010, 18:10
I'm using 10.3, so it should be fixed in that aspect. I think I'll just resign and see if that helps. Worked for anyone else?

Jonzii
16-07-2010, 18:22
In my experience, I've never been able to get a national team job whilst already in one, but not had a problem if I wasn't. So I would definately resign first.

Reganio
16-07-2010, 21:25
It is much more difficult, it seems to me, in getting international jobs in this version but eventually I have managed to work my way up after many rejections. I started off with New Zealand U19's, with my first full national team being Malta and now I am Portugal manager. It is harder but it obviously is not impossible. I have been manager of a club and a nation when applying for them as well so I don't know if that helps.

I started out with "Sunday League" rep, just to let you know, but I am playing as Coventry and I got the England U21's job after 4 seasons, then resigned as I wasn't enjoying it but I got offered the Brazil job then 2 seasons later. So I don't know if its that much harder.