what is it with the Irish?

playing as Southampton in the 3rd season looking for promotion to the Premier League and i have found a 16 year old Irish regen who i have gone in for and have had an offer accepted, i gave him the £3,000 he requested and waited a week to see that he has rejected my deal to stay at Shamrock Rovers, who has offered him a lot less money and its not an active league, why does he reject my bid to stay Shamrock? i dont get it he cant be that loyal to a club that he will reject the amount i offered him and if i stay on track a chance to play in the premier league by the time he makes his debut for us.

has anyone else had a problem with the irish on this game?

im currently playing with plymouth in my first season and went to bid for some irish striker called jon daly (or something liek that) gave him double his wages but then suddenly he saying a move to a english club would be a step down in his career

I may be wrong about this but I think in foreign non-active clubs if they agree a deal in principle with their clubs, you can still offer them a contract. They'll just continually reject it, regardless of what you offer. That's my experience in any case

I may be wrong about this but I think in foreign non-active clubs if they agree a deal in principle with their clubs, you can still offer them a contract. They'll just continually reject it, regardless of what you offer. That's my experience in any case

oh right i didnt not know this, thanks, how old do the player have to be for me to have a chance of signing them?

Is he signed to a pre-contract with the club you're trying to sign him from? If he is, you can't sign him until he signs a professional deal.

I tried signing a few youngsters for Portsmouth on FM07. One was 14 and played for Rayo, the other was 15 and played for Crewe. Both had pre-contracts with their clubs. Naturally, they agreed new deals with their clubs.

If they accepted your deal, we'd probably end with the Kakuta incident (a club inducing a player to break a pre-contract agreement to join another club)

no he didnt sign a pre contract until i put in an offer for him, which is when Shamrock offered him a contract and he is signing a deal that is £15 p/w why has he rejected mine! also i thought that you couldnt put in a bid with a youngster who has agreed to sign a deal with his current club.

As an irishman i always try to buy the best irish regens but i have found that some players especially if they are under 16 for some reason they will not sign even if offer them silly money. Which is very annoying having to wait till the next transfer window for them to decide to sign when you could have them developing at your club.

Archived