"Other" Turnover?

I have a question for anyone that might know. I am currently playing a game as Ajax and we have been making fantastic profits every season, mostly do to around 30m pounds every year of "other" turnover. Does anyone have any idea where this money is coming from?

i play as ajax as well :) at either end of may or june it will come up on your news feed that x amount has been paid to shareholders. if you look on finances when this happens you will see a new season has started for the accounts.

you will be able to see that other turnover is a very high ammount and every thing else for the new season is back on 0. i can only assume that its new investment from the shareholders for the new season???

Interesting. I know AFC Ajax NV is slightly more diversified than just football but £30mil sounds high.

Edit: Just looked at one of their annual reports. In 2006 they made a net profit of €6mil, and received €9mil, from what they regarded as non-football activities. The €9mil was comprised of share holdings in the Amsterdam ArenA and Eredivisie NV.

£30mil may be possible in modern terms but in 2006 they halved their stake in Amsterdam ArenA, so it seems unlikely. Besides Ajax haven't always made a profit, indeed they didn't in 2006.

If im correct the amount is taken from the year report, in the case of Ajax they are sponsor incomes etc. This because sponsor values etc. arnt given in the report, so they can't be set into the game as seperate correct values (for example aegon's 10 million per year main sponsorship money iis part of the 30 mil). Too bad this kinda restricts how much finances can change along the years. Actually to be honest sponsorships at Dutch clubs in FM are rediculously low compared to real life, which causes a lot of clubs to lose money :(.

Archived