Ajax Reserves in the Uefa Cup?

My gosh, I knew my reserves were half decent but not this good.

Jack Rodwell, Jonjo Shelvey, Stephen Appiah, Joe Hart, Jordan Spence, Dan Gosling, Riquelme;

A vast array of talent at Ajax 2's disposal but to beat PSV in the semi finals of the Dutch Cup 4-1 and then to dispose of me, their masters, AJAX in the final 2-0, just simply WOW. I'm suprised i've still got my job.

My Ajax first team have won the league, readying myself for Champions League football.

Will Ajax 2 now take their well deserved place in the Uefa Cup for winning the Dutch Cup?

How will the fans react? will they be happy, disappointed? Ajax have still technically brought the cup home?

Needless to say the fans were furious with the result but happy with the performance in the cup as I got to the final.

Also just a quick question, would I have got recognition from the board and fans had I controlled both teams? or is Ajax 2 very similar to Castilla where as you can only manage either Madrid or Castilla?

Many Thanks,

DE-Z

ive never played as ajax but i wouldnt have event thoguth they would be allowed to pay in the cup cause there is a chance they could meet their first team. very interesting to see how the game does this, especially if you steal all their players =D

i play as ajax, 4 seasons in now. in season 1 my ajax team lost in round 3 of the cup. so for the rest of it i would take over ajax 2 before a cup match and put my 1st team in the side to play the games. anyway i went and won the cup then with ajax 2. anyway ajax 2 did NOT get entered into the euro cup the next season tho i did have to play them in the dutch super cup final.

also as i was the manager of ajax 2 in the cup, i got the praise and glory from the ajax 2 board and supporters. as ajax 2 is the reserve team you can move up or down players as you wish and can manage both sides.

for those also not aware 2 reserve sides get entered into the dutch cup in the game each season

i play as ajax, 4 seasons in now. in season 1 my ajax team lost in round 3 of the cup. so for the rest of it i would take over ajax 2 before a cup match and put my 1st team in the side to play the games. anyway i went and won the cup then with ajax 2. anyway ajax 2 did NOT get entered into the euro cup the next season tho i did have to play them in the dutch super cup final.

also as i was the manager of ajax 2 in the cup, i got the praise and glory from the ajax 2 board and supporters. as ajax 2 is the reserve team you can move up or down players as you wish and can manage both sides.

for those also not aware 2 reserve sides get entered into the dutch cup in the game each season

But I assume you qualified for the Champions League with Ajax 1?

I'm sure that Ajax would be in the EL otherwise.

Yet, I'm wondering what will happen to the OP as their is no opposition finalist who could take the second Ajax spot... Maybe another team from the league must then qualify?

Ajax 2 did not qualify for Europe but a 7-0 thrashing from Ajax in the Dutch Super Cup was enough to restore my pride. Unfortunately 5th place AZ got the Uefa Cup spot.

But I assume you qualified for the Champions League with Ajax 1?

I'm sure that Ajax would be in the EL otherwise.

Yet, I'm wondering what will happen to the OP as their is no opposition finalist who could take the second Ajax spot... Maybe another team from the league must then qualify?

yes i won the league so i automatically got entered into the champions league. in my game ajax 2 beat psv in the final. psv finished in bottom half of the league but still qualified for europe because they reached the cup final. in the OPs case i wouldnt have a clue because the dutch way of deciding european entrants is a bit more complex than englands

I got Ajax 2 to the final of the Dutch Cup, never knew they could get into the Europa League so didn't put a lot of 1st team players to try and win it since I had a CL Semi Final either side of the fixture, might have to put some extra effort in next time :p

Archived