This is now beyond a joke/ Leeds legends

So, I'm managing Leeds, we won the first division with a record number of points and the Johnstone paints trophy, the championship without losing a game, add to the championship the fact I won the FA cup and league cup, I went on to win the premiership in my first season, add to that the Europa league, community shield and FA cup, then in my second season of premiership football I won the league, community shield, European super cup, the league cup, FA cup and the champions league. Not to mention the club is now the fifth richest in the world.

I am still favoured personnel, and get this, one of my players who has been there for 4 seasons, had decent seasons, and never once been voted player of the year or finished top scorer is now an icon.

Enough is enough, I'm quitting as Leeds manager.

Has this bug ever been acknowledged and is it going to be fixed? It's really spoiled my game.

I forgot to mention, I was even going to have a statue built of me yet I'm still only favoured personnel.

I just resigned and now I'm not even favoured personnel.

@Playmaker - Yes, I have. Part of the fun for me is making it as a legend for my team and I think it ruins any realism. It's time for me to move on and make it as a legend at another club.

@jod123 - I'm using 10.3.

although it would be nice for me to become a legend, i love Leeds United too much to ever quit because of it... In my current game as manager of Leeds United, i will be Leeds until i die, or at least until the world stops spinning round.

MOT...

England4Ever

It's been a problem for some time. I think you also need to be there for a lot longer than a few seasons. Yes, I know, IRL people like Kevin Keegan were only there briefly and don't get acknowledged as much, but that's how it is in FM at the moment. It's an issue, but I don't think it's worth spitting your dummy out of the cot just because a few lines of text are missing from your experience.

Why not just edit yourself in? That much success so soon in your career, it sounds like you're a big FMRTE fan.

@Playmaker - Yes, I have. Part of the fun for me is making it as a legend for my team and I think it ruins any realism. It's time for me to move on and make it as a legend at another club.

I've changed jobs before and regretted it, but if you are happy to do it then that's fair enough.

Yeah, patience really, this is just a game, if they hand out legend status to everyone that wins something then there'd be 100 legends per club, it just tends to take more time. For me, at St Mirren, took europa league win to get me icon, and then a cup win and the league made it legend, but I'd been there many seasons already,, and was not expected to win. It's just.. give it time really.

To be fair any manager that could take a team from league one to champions league winners would be a legend. Not only that but winning the league first season after promotion would also secure a legends place and even before that winning both domestic cups with a championship side would also make any manager a club legend in my opinion.

Its a bug for sure, the success isnt relative to the standard of the team.

ie any manager who got a non league team into the prem in consecutive teams would be a legend, in FM he will be lucky to be on the favoured personel list, especially if they were runners up or winners of the playoffs.

Any time I got on the favoured list, I was taken off before the pre season even started yet players whove played 5 games in 4 years make it onto the list. The favoured list only seems to work if you are a manager of the big 4.

Its similar to how the MOM is totally bugged. Blackpool could beat Man U, Arsenal and liverpool but the Spurs manager would get it if he beat Stoke, WBA and Wigan. Same goes for Hodgson winning MOTY yet this would never happen in FM, it always goes to the Prem winner.

This isn't about cheating, and this isn't about spitting dummies out, this is about weather or not I deserve legend status, so some people really should keep there pedantic comments to themselves.

Does anybody know if the bug is being looked into or fixed for FM11?

The simple fact is, I deserve legend status, and anybody who thinks otherwise is completely misguided.

This isn't about cheating, and this isn't about spitting dummies out, this is about weather or not I deserve legend status, so some people really should keep there pedantic comments to themselves.

Does anybody know if the bug is being looked into or fixed for FM11?

I thought it was fixed for 10.3.0 as I have found it much easier to get on the legends list and favoured personnel list now and I remain there despite leaving. I must admit I have never managed to bring a club up like you have in successive seasons though and have mainly managed clubs in a top division of various countries so I don't know if that makes a difference.

any manager who got a non league team into the prem in consecutive teams would be a legend, in FM he will be lucky to be on the favoured personel list

I was made a legend on first winning the Premiership with FC United in around 2018-19. I went on to win the Treble (UCL, Premiership and FA Cup) in 2019-20...

Well this is interesting. I was world class at Leeds and since I have left and stayed Paraguay manager, I'm now classed as continental. I have lost one game in ten (against Argentina) and qualified for the world cup. I'm rated about 8th in the best managers of all time.

What the hell is going on?

I just checked and there is no longer a world class manager in the game. I think my game broke.

How do I check best managers of all time again?

try hall of fame??

on topic

i took fleetwood from bsn to champions league football in 10 years won every league from bsn to championship and finshed second in the premiership.. got the club into the top 50 richest club list.. finances are great.. built a very good team.. yet im still on a favourite personall list.. one of my ex players is on the icon list ahead of me..

i think by just takiing them into the english league would merit at least icon status as it be a great achivement for the team to be playing in the english league... as for getting them to the premiership and champions league football does that not merit legend status comon fleetwood playing in europe?? please someone try tell me if you supported a non league team and a manage acheive this you wouldn't class him as the best manager the club ever had??

I was made a legend on first winning the Premiership with FC United in around 2018-19. I went on to win the Treble (UCL, Premiership and FA Cup) in 2019-20...

Thats because its only about winning things, a manager would still be a legend getting FC United into the CL. Not in FM though.

Thats because its only about winning things, a manager would still be a legend getting FC United into the CL. Not in FM though.

They would probably be a legend for getting FC United into the Premier League never mind the Champions League.

Still an area that needs improvement. :thup:

Archived