Why won't my player come back?!

Hey all,

I've got a bit of an issue with a regen of mine. I bought him for 20m from Deportivo a few years back, but decided to loan him out last season to his previous club for first team experience. As usual, I had a 100% wage contribution and and option to play in the cups.

I first noticed a problem during this season when he did not appear on my loaned out list, in fact he was only visible when I selected "not at club". When I view his profile his value and wage is blank, and he has no transfer status. Now it is a few months into the new season and he has not returned. I signed him to a new contract, but still nothing. He is unhappy at Deportivo and wants clarification on his role in the team. I keep receiving bids of ~1m, rejected of course. After the prolific season he had he is on my clubs favoured personnel list. It is as if I pay his wages and Depor get him for free, on a permanent loan! On top of all this, he played in the Champions League (and scored, cheeky bugger!) against me!

Can anyone shed any light on this? I can upload screenshots once someone tells me how to! (I know this is an annoying and repetitive request, but I'm not too great on computers!).

Cheers guys

Yeah I have patch 10.3 installed. I've just installed on a new laptop and transfered over the save game (prior to this happening) but updated with the patch again before continuing. I started this save from the day of release, but updated the patches as I went along.

Hmmm not a bad idea... I don't have FMTRE but I might have a look around and give it a go - but just for this! The player in question is a wonderkid in every sense of the word, so it would suck to lose him this way. Cheers mate!

Archived