Therapy Days instead of Rest Days

I am sure this has been mentioned before so please don't flame me too much. I was thinking I would really like to have the option of giving my players a day or two of therapy instead of rest at certain points in the season so that they are still 'in house' and receiving some coaching and not left to their own devices of whatever 'Rest' means. I know I can devise different training schedules (I have) but I don't think this approximates a true training day where the whole team spends the day doing rehab exercises and watches film, etc. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Thanks

IRL, I like my players to go see the trainer on certain days to get therapy. If I give them the day off, I cannot account for their actions and have no way of knowing if they truly rested. In FM, there is no distinction made between rest as therapy or rest as a day off. I would like to see that option in the training table. As to what a therapy day would count towards in terms of rest v. practice is not up to me so I have no strong feelings one way or the other. What I can say is that coaches do this IRL. On therapy days, I will also have my players watch film.

Archived