This Should Not Happen

I was playing in the quarter finals of the World Cup in 2014 as manager of the Ivory Coast, and I was playing against Nigeria (in Nigeria). I noticed that almost all my players were knackered. I looked at my fixtures list and saw that my secound round game had been played two days prior to this one. So basically I had two days' rest while Nigeria had six. Needless to say I lost the game 4-1. That's totally unfair, and would never happen in real life!

Similarly, In my atletico madrid save, first year I won the Europe League while real madrid and barcelona were also playing semi finals in champions league. Due to these continental matches, fixture re-arrengments made. And they put me in a situation like that :

wednesday - league game

friday - semi final against werder bremen (totally ridicilous)

sunday - league game against real madrid ( real madrid played his champions league game tuesday and they were totally in match condition naturally)

I think game cannot make crucial decisions in hard times as a human does.

Surely you should have kept a closer eye on your fixture list and rotated your squad accordingly? I personally never play any first team regulars in a cup or relatively easy league game if I know in advance that there is more difficult opponents comming up in just a couple of days.

A question to the OP

Why was the 2014 world cup in nigeria?

couse South Africa was such a huge success

But somethin worst happened to me, all my team where travelling or playing for nationals while i had a semi final for the italian cup, lost to ravenna playing with some ****** reserves and u21.

Surely you should have kept a closer eye on your fixture list and rotated your squad accordingly? I personally never play any first team regulars in a cup or relatively easy league game if I know in advance that there is more difficult opponents comming up in just a couple of days.

This. I do exactly the same. Always have one eye on the game after next..

Archived