player signs for me then leaves

So I just got promoted to the CC league 2 and I signed a couple of players before the move from the free bin. Mind you I signed them all in May 2011 (which means that they only join in July)

Point is I didn't notice that most asked for a contract until June 30 2011 and when that happened one of them left me and refused to resign (WTF!!)

Is this a glitch or something? How the hell does the CPU allow them to sign a contract they don't even walk into

Yeah I've had this issue myself. Partly it is myself to blame because I should have made sure to check the contract date, but also I don't see why it would allow a 1 month/2 month contract. The only solution I found was to use FMRTE's swap player function. Which I wasn't too happy about doing but it happened with 3 players who were going to become integral parts to my team.

I remember that happening to an AI team in my save

While managing Banfield, I needed a striker. I remembered ('Oh, Mazzola was an excellent player in my FM08 York, let's sign him!') only to see that DC United managed to buy him, but...

THE NEXT DAY, his contract ended and he left the team. I bought him (On a free transfer, of course) and he ended as the Best Transfer of the Season :D

Archived