Keepers Worst Mistake

Just this weekend in my 3rd Round Swiss Cup game, I was trying to give a few starts to my backup keeper. He made two mistakes, both slippery hands, just dropping the ball on easy saves, both instantly leading to goals in my 2-0 defeat. He was sold within the week. There's plenty of 18 year old goalkeepers in the world...

i was top of league 2, 1 point clear with 2 games to go.

penultimate game i was 1-0 up with a few minutes remaining when my keeper hit a simple backpass against their stiker who tapped it in (im pretty sure i hit my head against the table at this point). My rivals won their last 2 and i ended up runner up with 102 points :(. I

the keeper was on loan at the time, i was going to sign him but couldn't bring myself to do it after the mistake

Well, once, the enemy goalkeeper did a long kick from just outside his box, and it went over my goalkeepers head and right in the net. It had to have been the longest-distance goal in the history of football, imaginary or real. It was also the goal that sent me out of the champions league on away goals too... I was veeerry frustrated needless to say.

In my season opener, my 30 something veteran GK slipped hands twice and costed my victory on debut (match rating was 3.60), he was then benched for the rest of the reason after a 19-old youngster took his place and played damn well to bring us a promotion. During the off-season, this poor guy was gone for free.

I took over Levante in the middle of the season they were ranked 19th after 13 games and headed for relegation. I came in and immediately started being a hard A on the players and turned the season around and finished 2 points shy of promotion. But the 2nd game I was there my keeper turned around after making a nice save and fired the ball directly into the net for an own goal. I promptly removed him from the game. After the game I fined him 2 weeks wages and he responded that he could never play under me for personality clash. He was sold within the week and I brought in a young 21 year old who played wonderfully until the end of the season.

Watching Ben Foster run outside the area and past the ball to then watch him turn around and go back for the ball just to see the Opp striker take the ball and score .. or Watching Ben Foster run outside the area to get a long goal kick from Opp Goalkeeper Just to see it bounce over his head and Opp Striker to score. Needless to say he was shortly Transfer Listed after the second game.

Just this weekend in my 3rd Round Swiss Cup game, I was trying to give a few starts to my backup keeper. He made two mistakes, both slippery hands, just dropping the ball on easy saves, both instantly leading to goals in my 2-0 defeat. He was sold within the week. There's plenty of 18 year old goalkeepers in the world...

man you got to post a video of that

I was USA in the world cup group stage against england, played it a couple of weeks back.

one of my players had a bit of a cheeky but well placed shot at goal. England twit of a goalie completley missed the easiest catch ever and let the ball roll into the back of the net. What an idiot haha

I was USA in the world cup group stage against england, played it a couple of weeks back.

one of my players had a bit of a cheeky but well placed shot at goal. England twit of a goalie completley missed the easiest catch ever and let the ball roll into the back of the net. What an idiot haha

Are you sure you didn't just watch a replay of England v USA in the World Cup in real life? Sounds very similar to that.

Worst one I can recall recently is my keeper failing to bother to come out to the edge of his own 6 yard box to pick up a simple through ball with absolutely no pace whatsoever on it. Striker nips in and scores from about 4 yards. Funny cause my keeper has an excellent rushing out stat for Blue Square South level.

Archived