Emergency Keepers

I agree with sando123. I dont think the game allows emergency signings or at least I've never seen a club making any. Perhaps this is something that could\has been looked at for FM2011.

I remember signing one in the past when my GKs were missing for the CL final, unfortunately I couldn't register anyone I signed.

I've just tried it on my latest save (outside the transfer window, in February) and signed a GK from England (where I'm managing). It appears that I couldn't sign a GK from abroad. Apart from that, I believe you can bring them in whenever you like and once they sign, you have the opportunity to give them a squad number.

I remember signing one in the past when my GKs were missing for the CL final, unfortunately I couldn't register anyone I signed.

I've just tried it on my latest save (outside the transfer window, in February) and signed a GK from England (where I'm managing). It appears that I couldn't sign a GK from abroad. Apart from that, I believe you can bring them in whenever you like and once they sign, you have the opportunity to give them a squad number.

I believe this to be correct. I lost Valdes for a season due to various injuries during matches, so I grabbed an emergency keeper while my youth player was ready.

Archived