Handful of errors

Hi all,

I bought Football Manager 2010 from GamersGate today and have had quite a few errors!

It downloaded fine with no sign of anything going wrong then whilst "Extracting" during installation when it gets to 100% it comes up with an error message saying "Please select another location to extract the installer to..."

I tried re-installing several times with no luck, so obviously I decided to re-download it. Whilst it was downloading I was browsing my documents and found a folder called 'I1279124806' with FM files in it. I found a setup file in there so I ran it and it installed the game. It said there were some errors in the installation though but it did that with the demo when I downloaded that and that ran fine.

I then ran the game, it came up with the screen where I input my serial number which I did, then I guess the game is supposed to run, but it didn't. It came up with 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' The kind of error where you can send an Error Report (which I did several times). It now does this every time I run the game.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and then I got an error message telling me 'The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\dbghelp.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.' To fix this I ran the installer again (without uninstalling) then I got the original error of 'fm.exe has encountered a problem...'

Help

EDIT: There's now another folder called 'I1279128618' with FM files in in My Documents where the other one is.

Archived