Training New Position

Ah ok thanks for that, a couple more questions...

Does training position count as extra workload on the training schedule, will I have to reduce the intensity?

has anyone noticed any difference in performance once a player becomes a natural, or is accomplished indistinguishable?

Yes, but typically, the moment you stop training that position he'll go back to "accomplished" fairly quickly.
By playing and learning that position enough then yes.

But I don't think you'll ever be able to take him off training in that position else he will become unnatural

Not necissarily the case though. A very versatile player might keep the new position as natural as long as you play him in that position on a regular basis. I have seen it go both ways, but discontinuing the position training and still keep the natural rating is certainly possible.

Ah ok thanks for that, a couple more questions...

Does training position count as extra workload on the training schedule, will I have to reduce the intensity?

has anyone noticed any difference in performance once a player becomes a natural, or is accomplished indistinguishable?

The performances are indistinguishable in a single match, but over a long period of time you'll see an improvement.

And yes, it counts as intensity, as does learning a new PPM.

Interesting, so that means training a young player in a new position may hinder his development and is unlikely to be worthwhile unless the player has a high versatility as the position might not stick anyway.

Does this natural decline only affect a player train to be natural or can a player I have trained to be a competent RB for example drop down a level?

Archived