fm 2011

i think a good improvement for 2011 would be the ability to improve players attributes.like the player position training and player preferred moves training.maybe for example in 2010 wayne rooneys heading is 10 which isnt good enough and certainly not realistic..maybe asking him to work on his heading in training could be be introduced.enabling players to become better at certain attributes in the game..something to think about SI

Wayne Rooneys heading at 10 for FM10, was very realistic. I'm sure in FM11, it'll be around the 14 mark, because he has worked on his heading no end.

I do like the idea you have proposed, though. Asking a player to work on a specific area would be awesome, when trying to build a squad. You could ask a winger to work on his corners and crossing, so that your CM doesn't have to go out there to take them, etc.

I don't think it'll be implemented for 2011, though, seeing as it's just around the corner. (Unless of course, it's something they already had in mind).

I will say this though, the player would have to be good in other areas, hidden and non hidden attributes, to progress quite quickly. For example, there is no point asking a DC to work on his shooting, if his technique and composure are also low. Or if you do ask him, it will take an age to develop.

You can ALMOST do this sort of thing with training sliders, but it's more of a "group" movement, rather than a specific area. :thup: for the idea though, one of the better ones I've ever seen.

I will say this though, the player would have to be good in other areas, hidden and non hidden attributes, to progress quite quickly. For example, there is no point asking a DC to work on his shooting, if his technique and composure are also low. Or if you do ask him, it will take an age to develop.

You can ALMOST do this sort of thing with training sliders, but it's more of a "group" movement, rather than a specific area.

I think this is exactly WHY the sliders are grouped the way they are. Training exercises are meant to improve basic football skill areas, not simply one isolated attribute. Train agility, but you don't want to encourage improvement in balance? Increase pace, but don't change acceleration? I think it's wisely set up to keep the system as a system of training skill areas, not creating a Frankenstein player with targeted attributes without relation to other attribute levels. The one exception to this, in my opinion, is that of set pieces. Long throws, free kicks, penalty taking, and corners are more isolated skills. To think that penalty taking and long throws would benefit from the same training routines is a bit of a stretch.

thank you :) ive been thinking bout it for a while.its mainly wayne rooneys heading that bugs the most.as i like to get the ball wide and whip crosses in but is often nothing on the end of them..and yes of course there would be other attributes to consider but im sure this would be easy to implement in the game considering theres alot of things simular.

...and yes of course there would be other attributes to consider but im sure this would be easy to implement in the game considering theres alot of things simular.

Which is how the system operates now. Grouped skills that affect the similar attributes.

But they are grouped in a very rigid way. I mean, as we get on in games, we get young players. It would be nice to be able to develop them into a player that YOU as the manager thinks suits them best. So in the heading example, lets say you've got an 18 year old Striker, who is just, average, all round, but 6"2 tall. You should be able to target his training to improve Jumping, Strength, Heading, Composure, Off the Ball, Positioning and all other attributes that pertain to a target man. If you tried to do this with the current training, you'd end up overloading him, and probably cause him to become unhappy and exaughisted, he then wont train as well, and will never reach his PA.

I do think there is something within this idea. I'm sure a real life manager isn't tied to the boundaries we're offered on FM.

and maybe his development could last for an entire season so you be making these frankenstein players.and also if your assistant would give you advice as to which areas of his game he could improve on and which areas he feels he wouldnt be able to improve further.

But they are grouped in a very rigid way. I mean, as we get on in games, we get young players. It would be nice to be able to develop them into a player that YOU as the manager thinks suits them best. So in the heading example, lets say you've got an 18 year old Striker, who is just, average, all round, but 6"2 tall. You should be able to target his training to improve Jumping, Strength, Heading, Composure, Off the Ball, Positioning and all other attributes that pertain to a target man. If you tried to do this with the current training, you'd end up overloading him, and probably cause him to become unhappy and exaughisted, he then wont train as well, and will never reach his PA.

I do think there is something within this idea. I'm sure a real life manager isn't tied to the boundaries we're offered on FM.

Perhaps there could be different templates for the various Roles (deep-lying forward, anchorman, inside forward, etc) that would focus training in the stated "key attributes" for each role? It would give the manager the choice you stated: "Player X could be a good targetman, I will train him to maximize his potential in that role." I think you'd have to only focus or prioritize training in these key attributes, but not exclusively train these attributes, otherwise you'd end up with a freak of a player.

Archived