I can't get into a game

Don't get me wrong, I've love football manager and been loving it for 4 years now. But for some reason I can't get a game running :( I've tried Weder Bremen, Ajax, Southampton and Notts Co but i dont enjoy it and cant get into the game. So what could I do and tell me a club or nation which would get me into a game?

What I did was load up you leagues, and add one that plays from January, like Russia or Ireland, or MLS and start in Jan. Then pick a club at the very bottom of your chosen league, and set your self the challenge of keeping them up that year, with only one transfer window to work in and a obviously weak side.

I did that with Crystal Palace, then 2nd season targeted promotion. My fav game so far.

I find taking a break always works. You will then get a thirst for it again. Either that or pick an easy challenge to get yourself back into the game like Man City, a fun game to just waste time and buy whoever. Or set yourself a challenge. Try Hertha Berlin.

I find to get the most fun out of a game, I need to be roleplaying a bit. I need to be imaging myself in the situation of my character, interacting with my staff and players, and riding the waves of joy and despair. I don't play simulations to 'win', I play them to experience.

If I've gotten too jaded or frustrated by something - perhaps a bug or a mechanic that's ruining my immersion - than it can be hard to do that and it may be time to move onto something else for a while.

Archived