Match details availability

I have recently noticed a strange case in my long term career save.

To provide you with some background - I'm managing Bath team and currently I'm around 10 seasons into the game knocking to the Premiership doors. The savegame is run with ~ 90 leaguses and large database. The details for all competitions are set to maximum. It is true I have a relatively good machine which is able to handle it. The speed is not rocket fast, but the game remains playable.

Now the issue. During a couple of first seasons I was always able to click at any match result of any team and see the details of that match very much the same way as when I'm checking the details of any match played by my own team. By this of course I mean the past matches. In example I could go to Arsenal fixture list and click the result of their match from a couple of month before to see those details. Also when I was seeing the results of fixtures just played in my league, I could click any of them for more details. In fact I was doing it very rarely, but still a couple of times it happened and everything worked fine.

Now, being a couple of seasons further I noticed a strange thing. Once I happened to be curious about the way one of my players performed in his international duty when the notification message came up. So I clicked the result of the match expecting to see the details and among them the rating of my player. Unfortunately, nothing happened when I clicked this result. The screen with the match details did not appear. After some investigations I relized that non of the match scores would work any more (be it the fixture list of any club or the message informin about any international fixture etc). When I put my mouse cursor over them, they get underlined (implying that the hyperlink is working), but when I click, nothing happens. The only exclusion is... all the results of my own team. They work normal way, so I can still check my previous matches in details.

I was trying to think about any possible reason, but could not come to any conclusion. Details of all the competitions are set to maximum in the setup, so the matches are supposed to be played in full details by the AI. The hard drive has plenty of space available for massive save games (including the details of previous fixtures). .. Could you think of any reason or the way to fix the problem? It is bothering me quite much now. At times I have the impresion that maybe the match detils are saved properly and available, but somehow the hyperlinks stoped to work properly. The impresion comes because the scores get underlined and when I click them, the game does not freeze or anything. It is just the screen with match details that does not come up. Apart from that I can continue normal way. Everything else works fine. So... any ideas?

Archived