Interfering Chairmen!!

Dont you just hate it when your chairman steps in and accepts a bid for players you want to keep hold of!

In my career save im manager of crystal palace in last pre-season he stepped in and accepted 3m for a young defender who was to become a leading star in Prem,i signed him for 5m and he played a fair share of games but i let this one go as only had a couple of mill in the bank and he was only 19.

Then this pre-season he just accepted an offer of 5m for my 1st choice left back(signed for 8m) who is a leading star already its a joke.There is 25m in the bank more money to come from C.League and its not like its even a good offer!There seems to be a shortage of quality left backs on my save and worse ones then him have been going for anything above 10m!

I think SI could look at an option where you can go to the board and say 'look if your sellin him im gone' especially if you have a good reputation at the club/in the game?

Anyway rant over:p but maybe an option worth looking into?

No, live with it. It's realistic.

TBH there are some that should be intefering MORE.

There are several clubs where the managers are little more than 'head coaches'.

I've always supported chairmen with high 'inteference' intefering more than they currently do, it could also be a 'business' rating decision.

I would also like to see them have more than just 1 outlet for it.

Buying AND Selling players really isn't in the manager portfolio that much anymore in the modern business driven game.

Odd part is SI ignore some aspects of the realism vs playability, and not others.

Whether it's due to technical limitations, ability, or lack of focus is your guess.

No, live with it. It's realistic.

TBH there are some that should be intefering MORE.

There are several clubs where the managers are little more than 'head coaches'.

Its realistic if its a good offer yeah,not when you have a fortune in the bank.

I accept every now and then is realistic,but what you would like it if you only were head coach and never had no say say in transfers?

And the chance to give an ultimatum would be realistic as well,does that not happen IRL?Curbishley at west ham and keegan at newcastle immediately spring to mind as leaving due to board interference,i imagine there is more?

That's like complaining that some players really don't want to learn specific PPMs or learn from others.

It's a feature, it's a good feature.

Ok, an ultimatum along the lines of "don't do this or I'm gone" sure is a good idea, but if the AI managers also get to use it, they'd be fired by the bucketloads every time you make an AI chairman accept some big-money offer..

That's like complaining that some players really don't want to learn specific PPMs or learn from others.

It's a feature, it's a good feature.

Ok, an ultimatum along the lines of "don't do this or I'm gone" sure is a good idea, but if the AI managers also get to use it, they'd be fired by the bucketloads every time you make an AI chairman accept some big-money offer..

I like the feature being in and if it was say over 15m for i would have accepted it with it being low IMO id like to have the choice of that ultimatum think it could be a good addition.

The chairman should not be interfering there and it's something that needs to be looked into I think.

Chairman attributes need to be more dynamic and be able to adapt. There is no way there is a case for selling your best player when A) You have a healthy bank balance and B) You've qualified for the Champions League.

It's evident that this chairman has a low ambition stat. Sorry to hear about this.

The chairman should not be interfering there and it's something that needs to be looked into I think.

Chairman attributes need to be more dynamic and be able to adapt. There is no way there is a case for selling your best player when A) You have a healthy bank balance and B) You've qualified for the Champions League.

It's evident that this chairman has a low ambition stat. Sorry to hear about this.

No problem,it does need looking at in cases such as described its just when i looked for a way to complain to the board about it i thought that would maybe be a good new addition to interaction between manager and the board.:thup:

Archived