Wage dilema

I just got promoted to L2 with Bath City, which might have been a bit too soon, but can't complain about lack of success.

Now in the BSP I offered all my players and decent youngsters Full-time contracts (as well as the coaching staff of course). Now that we got in the Football League system, the wage demands suddenly sky-rocketed.

My two star players are complaining about their wages. They want around £700/week.

My problem is, that my wage budget is around £9000/week, and if I grant those two what they want, I am fearful that the rest of the team will follow suit with new wage demands. So far I have just told them both, that I will review their contracts at the end of the season, hoping that my Director will give me a boost in allowed wages.

But if not, then I feel I will have to sell them to keep the general wage demand down.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with this sticky situation?

No transfer budget ... that was the first thing I reduced to get more wage money. I also decided to announce fairly optimistic season goal, so they would give me more money. But it still only amounted to around 9k. So I guess I have to hope for more money at the end of season, or the two stars have to be sold off.

Yeah I guess so .... I just have to hope for more money or sell them and find some decent replacements who are not too greedy :) ... and then just survive until such time as I get get a bigger budget.

Archived