New Intake of Youth Players

So i'm a good few seasons in to the game with Inter and every time a new season comes round i get a bit excited about new youth prospects. I've had a few players been described as possibly one of the best of their generation when they come into the youth team. But then when I look at reports, they always say something like 'someway off having the required potential....'.

I just wondered if there was higher praise ever given than 'one of the best in a generation...' or if anyone from your youth team has gone onto great things????

THanks

For some reason, the human player's youth intake tend to suck balls, no matter how great your facilites are...

On the other hand I've seen the likes of Charleroi and Midtjylland produce worldclass youngsters, who your scouts always seem to miss, despite them scouting the country those talent come from...

However keep in mind your team is probably filled with top players already, so all those youngsters who get ratings of 1 or 2 stars, actually have the potential to be decent Serie A players.

They look poor because the term of comparison is, say, Milito or Cambiasso.

I've yet to get a real worldbeater coming through my youth ranks, but they are good enough as backups or rotation players when needed.

A dry spell happens at all football clubs. Look closely and it's rare that any football teams produce constant World Beaters, or even players who are good enough for the top level, excluding some exceptions.

I've had some great youth players over the years at St Mirren. Admittedly, I've had to buy-in a lot of my youth as I simply cannot produce enough on my own, however I have produced some gems. These gems however usually arent predicted to be as good as my world-class current crop, says "somewhat" but with proper nourishment, they can usually reach close enough as good. If you've had a player who trains really well and improves quickly in the same position as the guy you just got you a bit of mentoring can help raise the youth-guy's personality to one that's more likely to achieve too, if it's doubtful at all.You ideally want your young crop to be listed as "ambitious" or "professional" if possible and high determination seems to help.

Anyway, in terms of home-grown talent I've had a not-quite-world-class DR/WBR that could make it in most EPL teams, I've had a higher quality DLC/WBL that i think could play in any top-class team. I've now got a new DMC/MC coming through who I believe will be world class eventually but honestly, I don't know yet. Had some other lesser players who never quite reached their potential.

Otherwise, I've honestly had to buy in most of my youth, often from celtic or rangers. I can produce a fair few capable of - if nurtured obtaining spots in relegation-strapped EPL teams, but in terms of world-class, that's rare, I do have to buy-in many.

Yet still remains - human-sides can produce gems with good facilities, it's just it'll never be enough, so we have to buy-in players as a supplement. That's pretty much true always that you can get some gems through, if nurtured at least, and then have to make up the rest by purchases.

I've had some sensational players come through my ranks. You can read this thread here, and see how many other people have also had them come through.

I think you're mistaking the AI always having good youth, for mass of AI teams producing youth. There are thousands of teams churning out new youth each season, someone has to get good players. I guess you've just been unlucky for it not to be you. In my current save, fourteen players form my youth system (Of which only 3 now play for me still) - Are in the N. Irish team, and have been capped. They range in age from 32 to 17.

So yeah, bottom line is, you can get great regens in your youth team, you just need to be lucky.

A thread like this though, further amplifies my thoughts to SI, that a Youth Academy is needed, where you can pick players from a pool of, say, 100 players each year. Obviously, if you pick 15 that look good, some still may flop, but for big clubs especially, it's very rare that you don't get at least 1 decent prospect per year.

Well, I have two players that are in Portuguese national team, it doesn't mean they are very good.. It's 2026 and all the good players have retired, but the quality of Portuguese regens is so low that at lot of starting 11 players are nothing more than average.

Archived