Love/hate relationship with this game

FMH is a strange game.

I've done four seasons with Newcastle. I walked the Championship in the first season, then finished 2 points away from 6th place and Europe in the Premiership in the second season, unlocked Sugar Daddy, but then couldn't take it to the next level and get into Europe through seasons 3 and 4, and stopped playing.

Sometimes I'll have a match where I'm losing, and I'll change things in a small or big way, and turn the match around, and I'll really feel like I made a difference, and other times I'll be losing and will change things around but with no effect, and wonder if the game just has it in for me. I suppose that maybe it's even more annoying when things are going badly and it's the team you support.

So I go through long periods of playing and long periods of not playing. Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with this game?

• SI Staff

I think all FM/FMH/FML games have a love/hate relationship to some extent depending on whether things are going well for you in game or not ... its a natural thing to some extent.

PS - I've found the WORST thing I can do is play while tired or otherwise stressed, if i do that then when things go wrong I tend to make wild changes - which then don't work and lead to ever more stupid changes ... I KNOW I shouldn't do it, but I still do from time to time, 'tis even worse in FML than FMH ;)

I've found that it matters so much more when it's the team you support. And I've also learnt that there's usually no point in making major changes (like lots of formation changes) during a match.

It can be an infuriating game though. I consider myself to be a massive football fan, and I like to think I know quite a bit about it, but sometimes I feel totally out of my depth in this game :p

• 2 weeks later...

Ik snap niet dat sommige blind weg 4 a 5 sterren kunnen geven. Dit zijn mensen die geen drol van het spel snappen en niet verder kunnen kijken dan hun neus lang is. Wat een drama spel is dit! Ik zet mijn min punten weer op een rij na verwijdering eerdere recensie.

* eigen trainingen aanmaken

* eigen tacktiek aanmaken en individuele orders aangeven

* een speler wisselen als je keeper rood gekregen heeft

* verkoop van je eigen spelers makkelijker laten verlopen

* stadion info en uitbreiding

* betere controle over financien

* beter overzicht financien in en uitkomsten

* het samenstellen van je staf

* betere controle over jeugdelftal

* meerdere landen selecteren als je een nieuw spel begint

* grotere database verwacht ik

* 2d weergave grondig onder de loop nemen

* grafisch mag het allemaal veel beter

* een europese gewonnen wedstrijd graag het gekregen geld vermelden in nieuws

* nieuwe sponsor deals vermelden in nieuws

* eigen oefenwedstrijden en toernooien organiseren

* optie om een trainingskamp te organiseren

* optie om een samenwerkingsverband te creeren of te beeindigen

* 2e team ook competitie speelt

en als laatse het mag wel een groter bestand zijn dan 45 mb! Voor 10 euro wil ik een bestand van over de 2 a 300 mb. Een spel van dit formaat moet dat wel kunnen. Ik vind het zeer matig wat si hier ten toon stelt. Ik wacht met smart op een update. Ik vind het zonde van mijn 10 euro tot nu toe.

• SI Staff

Translated for those people who don't speak Dutch

I can not believe some blindly away 4 or 5 stars can give. These are people who do not get turd of the game and not be able to look beyond their noses. What a tragedy this game! I put my more points in a row again after removal earlier review.

* Create their own training

* Create own boutique tack and individual orders indicate

* If you change a player has been red keeper

* Sale of your own players easier smoothly

* Expansion and stadium information

* Better control over finances

* Finance and better overall outcomes

* Compile your staff

* Better control over youth team

* If you select multiple countries, a new game

* I expect larger database

* 2d view thoroughly take over

* All graphics, the better

* A European victory like the money received mention in news

* New sponsorship deals mentioned in news

* Own exhibition games and tournaments

* Option to organize a training camp

* Option to create a partnership or end

* 2nd league team also plays

and last as it may be a larger file than 45 mb! For 10 euros I want a file of about 2 to 300 mb. A game of this size should be able to. I am very poor at this si what exhibits. I wait impatiently for an update. I find it a waste of my 10 million so far.

• SI Staff
Fm10iphonesucks

I'm sorry you don't like the game (your user name gives it away a little ;)) - however please bear in mind it ISNT meant to be the FM PC game; its a slightly less in depth and faster playing experience. I'm sorry you don't enjoy it and some of the things you mention WILL come into being over time as the game evolves - HOWEVER a lot won't, simply put I don't want the game to become slow to play, I think a handheld experience should always be something you can pick up and mess around with when you've 5 minutes to spare, not something which should require hours of dedication.

and last as it may be a larger file than 45 mb! For 10 euros I want a file of about 2 to 300 mb. A game of this size should be able to. I am very poor at this si what exhibits. I wait impatiently for an update. I find it a waste of my 10 million so far.

I find it interesting that you seem to equate file size with content or quality - we've actually taken a LOT of time and effort compressing things to make the download as small as possible so that its easier on people with low speed internet connections.

If you compare the size of database in FMHi with other similar management games on the iPhone I'm pretty confident you'll find our database is a multiple larger than other such games (regardless of what their 'file size' might be).

"These are people who do not get turd of the game"

I've been playing this game for a long time and it's never given me a turd.

"I put my more points in a row again after removal earlier review."

Yeah points in a row is what it's all about.

"Create own boutique tack"

I've been asking for this for a while - a place where we could buy a little off-the-shoulder number. But Marc says men should act like men so he's refusing to put a boutique in.

"If you change a player has been red keeper"

I tend to sell off my has-beens so this isn't an issue for me.

"I find it a waste of my 10 million so far."

You got ripped off mate. I got mine for 7 million. I had to sell a couple of rental properties and liquidize some assetts but I think it was worth it. You spent 10 million and all you got was a turd and no boutique!

I think like football it mirrors life. So much better for realism than FIFA where you have too much control and can become so good that you boss it unrealistically. I like how I can rip off an 8 game unbeaten run then go and lose 6 in a row with the same formation, players, and tactics and against bottom three teams. The unpredictability makes it a great game. You should not be able to come up with a tactic that "works" 90% of the time and allows you to collect trophies almost automatically. Nothing like having superior talent and losing at home to a bottom dweller, I love to be humbled. Keeps me coming back for more. FMH is perfect for my lifestyle on the go, just enough detail to keep it interesting, but not too much to numb you.

• SI Staff
dont play the though guy behind your pc little kid! 10 million?.. 10 euro dah! this are my critics on the game. so dont boring me with your useless comment you boring f*ck!

I don't think he was meaning anything personal to you - just taking the mickey out of my quick google translation of your original post ....

PS - You're English is very good, especially comparatively to my ability in other languages.

Marc is right. I was having a little fun with him. But I apologize, mate. Your english is great and I have much respect for the dutch for being such cunning linguists.

P.S And just to set the record straight I am NOT a boring ****. I'm a boring **** ok?

Archived