Former players you have as staff

out of the once that have played for me I currently have Cassetti and Juan as coaches while Tonetto was poached by Hoffenhiem for there assitant manager spot :(, soon Perrotta and Totti will join the backroom aswell

Robert Prosinecki, Frank Lampard, Paulo Ferreira, Ervin Skela, Torsten Frings, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Michael Ballack, Anatoliy Tymoschuk. I also had Chivu but Gladbach offered him manages job and off he wen, I got 1 mil in compensation and used it to sign Lampard from Arsenal.

How do you know if they are going to be any good as a coach? Is there any way of knowing there stats before you make them into a coach or is it just pot luck?

In their final year as players, you can already see their stats as coaches, so you can have a good idea of how they'll turn out.

How the game determine said attributes, I have no idea, but I guess it's related to their playing CA/PA and to their role... i.e. a former keeper will have most chances to become a gk coach, with his level depending on his skills as a player. So Casillas could be a better gk coach than, say, James.

About the OP question, I tend to keep most of my former stars around as coaches if they're good enough. Also, I hire former players from the past if available...

Currently in my Rosenborg save I have:

Strand, Iversen, Ørjan Berg, Hjelde, Henriksen, Hoftun and Kvarme.

Former employed: Jamtfall

So yeah, despite being now a worldwide powerhouse, I still want to keep a "local feel" in the club, with as many players from the good ol' days as I can.

Like our motto says... "Proud tradition, bright future" (not a literal translation, but it sounds better this way)

Archived