England's World Cup Squad 2014 - How close can FM2010 get?

I'm just coming up to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil on my Le Havre save. I thought i would check out the England squad just to see who has been picked and it got be thinking about the real England team and how close the FM squad may be to the one England take to Brazil.

Here is the squad:

Goalkeapers

Ben Foster

Joe Hart

Alex Smithies

Defenders

Glen Johnson

Micah Richards

Kyle Walker

Ashley Cole

Curtis Davies

Phil Jagielka

John Terry

Leighton Baines

Midfielders

Gareth Barry

Jack Rodwell

Michael Carrick

Tom Huddlestone

Steven Gerrard

James Milner

Ashley Young

Stuart Downing

Forwards

Theo Wallcott

Wayne Rooney

Gabby Agbonlahor

Danny Wellbeck

So how close is that to the squad we will take to Brazil, looks pretty good to me. I noticed Aaron Lennon didnt make it and no Jack Willshire who im sure alot of people will think will be there.

So post your thoughts on this and if you have the England World cup squad for 2014 on your game, post it, would be interesting to see the difference.

Maybe also worth pointing out that Stuart Pearce is the England manager at this stage.

Alex Smithies?, Curtis Davies, John Terry, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Theo Walcott, Danny Wellbeck all in the England in 4 years time. Not for me.

I cant complain with most of those but if Theo Walcott isnt in the squad in 2014 then something has gone very wrong with the english system.

At least they got to the 2014 World Cup on your save, on mine they came 4th, finishing behind Hungary, Denmark, and Rep of Ireland. They even lost at home to Moldova...........oh and as a Huddersfield fan, I don't think Smithies will be in the squad for 2014, but possibly for Euro 2016, but it's not impossible. He is a good keeper, but he's young, lots to learn, and it's certainly possible, but only if he's playing at higher than League 1 level (hopefully if he stays with us, that'll happen).

Smithies is also in the England squad on my save too, but Joe Hart has the #1 Jersey and won't be loosing it any time soon i imagine. Pierce is also the England manager on my save. Capello won the world cup on my save, but did crap in the 2012 Euros and left. I turned down the job after that and Pierce got it instead.

Davies, Barry, Carrick i doubt will be in the squad... i also have doubts over Wellbeck also and Downing.

Put Adam Johnson in there, and i'd say we have a good contender though... i'm sure another couple of starlets will come through the ranks within the next 4 years.

I disagree with a lot of the comments about players not being good enough because 4 years in a long time in football. With regards to Smithies, where was Joe Hart during World Cup 2006? Playing for Shrewsbury in league 2. At that stage Hart had only played a handful games for Shrewsbury where as Smithies has played approximately 70 games plus for Town in a division above and has already been the subject of bids from Spurs, Stoke and Everton. Personally I think the squad is going to be very very hard to predict and don't be surprised if there's a couple of surprises in there. For example Frank Lampard came to prominence very quickly, remember when he was getting booed at West Ham at the age of 22 who would of thought then he'd become one of the best midfielders to grace the premiership

I cant complain with most of those but if Theo Walcott isnt in the squad in 2014 then something has gone very wrong with the english system.

Why? He's gone backwards since 08 and I can't see him getting any better now. Especially at the anti English club. He needs to consider a career as a sprinter. Even then he's no Usain Bolt.

Why? He's gone backwards since 08 and I can't see him getting any better now. Especially at the anti English club. He needs to consider a career as a sprinter. Even then he's no Usain Bolt.

Coz i would be very supprise if by 2014 Theo hasnt had a good few years as a Striker (not winger as he is now), at a different team (or at Arsenal if Wenger wants to keep him) and think that will move him to the next level. He has tallent, there is not doubt, and if we cant train that tallent into a player who is worth a squad place at a world cup in 4 years time then we really are in a mess.

Walcott has vastly improved since 2008 you utter imbecile. An unfortunate run of injuries are all that has prevented him from tearing up the Premier Leagues defences.

There must be two Theo walcott's because the one I know of doesn't even get into his clubs first team, and when selected for England and given chance after chance, he was just too rubbish to be considered for the squad, let alone actually starting a game. He hasn't been injured for three years has he? And he has never been first choice, for club, or country.

He has not improved. He's like an English Ryan Babel, crap.

Walcott has vastly improved since 2008 you utter imbecile. An unfortunate run of injuries are all that has prevented him from tearing up the Premier Leagues defences.

The mods have already called you on it, but just to point out that having an opinion whether you like it or not does not make me an imbecile. Typical gooner reaction. :thdn:

Archived