Higher resolution - smaller text

FM 2010 is playable for me on 1024x768

but when i play on mine 21' widescreen monitor with 1680x1050 the game,text and data are too small.

Is there any way to improve this. Dont say "change your resolution" becouse its LCD and everything is blurry with other resolutions.

It would be good if FM 2011 would resolve this.

I don't think you should have an issue reading text that small, i have the same monitor and rosolution and the small text is perectly readable, either your monitor is too far away or you need reading glasses.

Very funny. I didnt say i cant read it. I dont need glasses and no my monitor is not too far.

I like it normal sized. Its more playable for me. I hate having text small. Especially when i played it windowed and maximized so i can use other programs also.

I do believe that there is fix for this. I had the same issue and you can change the font size. Think it is in the config file will check?

I cannnot think for the life of me where it is posted. Not sure if it's inTechnical.

I will do some looking around but i did raise the font from 8/9/10 to 10/11/12 and it looks great as it covers all that space you get with the small font size.

K :)

I found this so far:

To edit the fonts

The font settings for each skin are now controlled by the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the Base2010 skin this is the ‘\base2010\settings\base2010 settings.xml’ file

For the Base2010 Dark skin this is the ‘\base2010 dark\settings\base2010 dark settings.xml’ file

For the Base2009 skin this is the '\base2009\settings\base2009 settings.xml' file

For the Right Sided Base2009 skin this is the '\base2009r\settings\base2009r settings.xml' file

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various text settings – style, size etc, you just need to open the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file scroll down to the bottom of the file until you see the TEXT SETTINGS text and edit the relevant code below that line.

To change the actual font used by the game, you will first need to copy the relevant font file into the fonts folder for your skin and then change the font name in the settings file.

Thanks. I changed font size.

Is there any way i can limit the width of the League Table. Look at the screenshot. Its from CL.

But in league table names of clubs are on left then there is 80% of empty space then far on right are sats like PLD WON DRN LST

This is one of the things i would like introduced soon because i want the better resolution but i also want larger writing. You can make it massive but then you need to figure out how to change widths of nearly everything! Buttons, tabs, drop down menus, widgets etc... its a nightmare! Dafuges idea would be perfect!

Try playing in windowed mode but and just shrink the size of the FM10 window to suit your needs.

No good for me if its not fullscreen or at least maximized. If i shrink FM 2010 window it doesnt feel like im playing the game. It feels like im using notepad or office and not playing game.

Thank you for your constructive ideas. If you find something post it here please.

couse this is very irritating

fm2010071321303419.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are you kidding? I play windowed (maximized) @ 1920x1080 and it's fine for me. You definately need reading glasses if you can't see the fonts properly. By the way, most monitors scale perfectly so you shouldn't have blurryness at any resolution, much less your native resolution.

• SI Staff

The problem with scaling things up is that most of the graphics used throughout the game are a fixed height so unless we change the way that works then it won't be possible to have larger text and buttons when using a higher resolution

Are you kidding? I play windowed (maximized) @ 1920x1080 and it's fine for me. You definately need reading glasses if you can't see the fonts properly. By the way, most monitors scale perfectly so you shouldn't have blurryness at any resolution, much less your native resolution.

Perfectly? Every single LCD I've seen has looked like @$$ at anything other than it's native resolution. It's the nature of the technology.

I don't really think he needs glasses. The pixel pitch of his screen is quite smallish and I can definitely see why he would like to have bigger text.

It's not the technology itself, it's how well the panel scales down resolutions lower than its native. Basically it's down to the hardware inside the monitor. Most cheap screens won't do this too good, but if you have a decent panel or one relatively new, withing the past 2 years, then at least any resolution that stays within the aspect ratio should look perfectly fine.

I run the game on a 24" screen at 1920x1080, and i can see even the smallest fonts perfectly fine. If he was running a 1080p monitor @ 22" or smaller then maybe, but he's running 1680x1050 on a 21" monitor and that shouldn't be an issue really.

It's not the technology itself, it's how well the panel scales down resolutions lower than its native. Basically it's down to the hardware inside the monitor. Most cheap screens won't do this too good, but if you have a decent panel or one relatively new, withing the past 2 years, then at least any resolution that stays within the aspect ratio should look perfectly fine.

I run the game on a 24" screen at 1920x1080, and i can see even the smallest fonts perfectly fine. If he was running a 1080p monitor @ 22" or smaller then maybe, but he's running 1680x1050 on a 21" monitor and that shouldn't be an issue really.

LCDs have fixed pixels though so no matter how good their scaling is, it is never going to look "perfect" at anything other than native. CRT was/is the only tech that can do it.

I guess it has a lot to do with taste. The distance from which you're looking at the screen plays a big part. I find the text on a 27" 2560x1440 screen to be too small and would prefer something with bigger pixels because I like to sit back in my chair and watch the screen from some distance. I guess what I'm saying is, the OP doesn't necessarily need glasses just because someone with the same monitor finds the font size to be fine ;)

Archived