My young players being auto released @ 16 years old

I am in the 2020/2021 season. And finally at the start of the season I have 2 pretty decent newgen players. I am now at the end of the season and for some reason, both of them are getting auto released with the <John Lynch is being released from Workington after failing to secure a professional contract after coming through the youth ranks>

The problem is, that usually is only supposed to happen to players who are past their youth contract and did not manage to get a pro contract. Luckily I had a save 1 game before the end of the season so I reloaded to check. It is now dated May 2021 and the contract says it will expire in May 2022. So... why are the 2 decent players getting auto released and not the rest of my crappy 16 yr olds who happen to be generated in that same year?

I am confused, does this mean if the young player is any decent, and I don't give him a pro contract at 16, my ass man or the club management will deem him not good enough and auto release him at 16?

I am confused, does this mean if the young player is any decent, and I don't give him a pro contract at 16, my ass man or the club management will deem him not good enough and auto release him at 16?

this is y its happening you need to offer them pro contracts before their youth ones are up

this is y its happening you need to offer them pro contracts before their youth ones are up

Well... there is still 1 yr before their youth contracts are up. And.. they can't sign a pro contract until 17 anyway. I dont understand the part whereby "they are deem not good enough". I understand if they left on their own free accord but it is that standard period at the end of the season when the clubs massively release all their young players on a free who couldn't make it into their team. The only problem is, only 2 of my players got released, and it is those 2, and they barely came through my youth system for 1 year. Released players are aged 17 - 18, not 16.

it may say they got released but click on them, if there is a contract tab there should be " provisionally agreed to sign bla bla " if not, yeah they got released. Happened to me too, some of my best regens weren't offered a contract and I lost them on a free. Probably should untick the box where ass. manager handles the u19 contracts.

Is your assman responsible for contract renewals according to your settings? (btw this is the pre-set option for the u19 team)

Then he might also decide to release them.

That would also be a bug, but a different one ;)

Archived