Can I broadcast my cup final live?

I read somewhere that someone on these forums had broadcast a full match live on the web and in real time. Is this possible? Would anyone actually care enough to watch other people's matches. I think it might be useful, if you could see what tactical decisions people are making. Can SI offer any views?

It is technicaly possible, several people stream footage of them playing games live, theres entire communities and "e-sports" that have been set up based on this....

For instance the likes of Starcraft, a strategy game thats 12 years old yet is still wildly popular online thanks to near constant gameplay streamed live online and South Korea basicly adopting it as a national sport. Theres also already entire sections of people commentating and

(from its beta, the games not out yet)

I dont know what interest there would be in FM though but if someone wanted to give it a bash and stuck with it im sure there would be at least some people interested.

How do I start broadcasting my gaming session using Xfire Live Video?

First you must go into the Xfire | Tools | Options menu, click the Broadcast (BETA) tab. Check the box marked "Enable Broadcast". Once you have set up your options, click OK.

Now go to Xfire Tools | Launch menu and launch the game you wish to broadcast from. Remember, the game you are trying to Broadcast with must have Xfire In-Game messaging support. DOES FM2010 HAVE THIS?!

Once you are in game and verify that Xfire In-Game is enabled, press your key combo (Scroll Lock + B) to begin broadcasting.

Your friends can then highlight your name in their friends list and click on the Video icon that says "Live" in the info view.

You can also see an overview of all users that are currently broadcasting at http://www.xfire.com/live_video/.

Archived