Are Ordinary Brazilian Players Overrated?

I've been managing in the Brazilian Second Division now for a couple of seasons and am beginning to think that there may be a flaw in the AI's valuation of Brazilian players.

Some of my players are valued at prices way over (what I think is) their ability or potential.

Most of my players are then in demand by European clubs who will pay way over the odds for ordinary players. For example, I've been buying players for 5k and then selling them on for 500k a piece without them having performed that well.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'd have thought the AI would focus on a player's ability and potential solely as opposed to a general look at their nationality or division. It doesn't happen for every player but there's a lot that will have any number of interested parties once I make them available.

That's just how it is in Brazil. Brazil is the feeder system to europe and you can see that in the rosters of all the major teams. Europe teams have a whole lot more money than any South American team which usually develop players and the European buys them for a couple mil.

Hmm,

I've noticed the average reputation and ability of a lot of Brazilian players still playing in their domestic league is rather high, probably a tad too much if compared with that of other nations/leagues.

Having been managing in smaller countries I've seen so many obscure Brazilians come and conquer the league, while in real life it's maybe ONE or TWO goodish prospects who can become so decisive.

As things are now, the db implies pretty much ANY Brazilian playing for a good domestic side could be EPL first team material up to top-mid table level... I'm not sure this is the case to be honest

I think they are overrated but that is true irl as well. Any lpayer with around 20 games in the top division at a young age is immediately targeted by European club which want to move first in order to get their hands on the next Kaka if they are lucky. Thus a lot of average players are exported very soon with lots of hopes on their shoulders.

That in addition to the irl overheating market in Brazil and the effect of the regularly granted one-off international cap when the European players are not called up make them become more expensive. the time of bargains from Brazil is over and that's mirrored in the game quite well I think.

Fair enough. But some of my players have hardly played a game in the Second Division, don't have outstanding statistics but are still being targeted by European clubs that would surely get similar prospects in their own country for less.

Archived