unrealistic job offers

I started unemployed, then was offered a job with ipswich to save them from relegation within the first season, I finished 13th. Second season we finished 8th 9 points away from play offs, reached the semi finals of the fa cup. 3rd season won promotion finishing 2nd. I so far have been offered two jobs, one with lazio which would be a step up but wanted to gain experience in top flight with lower team first.

Then I was offered the Man city job that harry redknapp had but he retired, massive budget obviouslt and to increase my wage by 75k.

Now anyone else have unrealistic job offers? This would not happen in real life surely lol.

I'm sure it was international.

My first game, I started in Chicago. After three years I moved over to Crystal Palace. Absolutely shocking performance, relegated out of the championship, and were flirting with relegation from League One. Needless to say, I got sacked. (I still maintain it wasn't my fault, money problems suck! :()

After that, I holidayed until the end of the season. First day after Siere A ended, Inter came calling. Shocked me.

I was international, so I can't say it was the games fault, though. It just was kind of weird.

It's not unrealistic if you start with international reputation. There are a number of examples in real life of ex-international footballers getting big jobs with little or no managerial experience. In fact it would be unrealistic if you weren't offered big jobs with Ex-International as your experience level

Try starting as a semi-pro or a Sunday player. You'll be waiting many years to get ANY decent jobs. This is how I start my saves. The one I am working now has me in November of 2013 with my first two seasons at NSC Minnesota (of the created USSF-D2, courtesy of FMNorthAmerica.com), which is an expansion team in a newly combined league in the U.S. I made the playoffs both seasons and had an undefeated regular season in the second year, only to lose the playoff final. I took over the Israel U-21 job the week before the playoffs started in my second season there (Fall of 2011) and took Israel to the 2013 U-21 Euro Championships where I was soundly destroyed to come away with 1 point from a 2 - 2 draw with Scotland in the tournament. Just before the tournament started, I took over at recently relegated (to League 1) Crystal Palace and am in my first season there. I am in first place and hope to gain promotion this season to the Championship. What's funny is my reputation was national when I was with Minnesota and Israel but is now regional with Crystal Palace. I have a good winning percentage and have not had any bad runs. I doubt I get any serious job offers unless I gain promotion to the Premiership or win the FA Cup. I would argue that my scenario is far more typical if you start your saves in ths way...

If your starting rep was international then I see this as realistic. Imagine a player like Beckham or Terry would commence a management career and show the kind of constant progress and results which you have had at a smallish club like Ipswich. They would be considered serious candidates when vacations appear at big clubs.

If you have not chose this reputation I'd be honestly surprised though.

To be honest, I started with Guatemala on lowest possible rep, played a couple of years friendlies only, and man city gave me the job, so yes it is unrealistic.

You must have had the Premiership as the lowest loaded league then so your rep would have been enough to get you a job in that division.

So it is realistic.

Archived