YOUR main game....

I was just wondering of people's thoughts on this.

Do YOU enjoy staying at a club for your whole career, riding every bump, hoping not to get sacked, signing the best regens and watching your beloved players retire?

Or...

Do you like to set yourself a goal with a club, achieve that goal under say 2-5 years, and decide to leave and try and get another club to make the big times?

I was just wondering, because I thought it was an interesting subject.

Myself, I enjoy doing the first one. Got three main games going, my loved Manchester United, which i'm hoping to stay my whole career at, another with AFC Wimbldon which i'm hoping to take them back to the big times and take them back to where they used to be, and Fiorentina, for a middle league challenge but I also support them.

So yeah :)

If I change teams I almost always start a new game. Journeyman-games is the only exception, but these are rare.

I have one Man Utd game that's lasted for almost 6 seasons and I've started a new game with Sevilla, two league matches in.

definetly number 1 gets my vote... not that i ever can maintain a game long enough (patches, corruptions, updates and the like)

but thats my fm dream to have a star regen (hopefully son) come through my youth ranks and retire at the club a legend :)

I've always stayed with the same club and been lucky enough never to be sacked.

But that's because my old machine could only handle running a few leagues.

When FM 2011 comes out I'll probably try running a lot more leagues, accept some of those job offers and tart myself around the countries.

I always look to stay at a club for my whole career. I got to 2021 with Ajax and never once thought of leaving I think if I did leave I would want to go back straight away and wouldn't enjoy being at my new team.

I usually stay at the same club and only move if I get really bored. On my current game I'm in my 12th season with Everton and I am keeping my eye out for massive jobs as I've won everything more than once. It is nice to watch players come and go. I've had many players that have been with me all thier careers, sold players at massive profits and then I've got a 98,000 capacity stadium named after me and a great crop of youngsters for the next generation.

I just start with a team in the lowest playable league of one of the countries I've loaded (always choose at random) and then just see where the game takes me from there. I've never had a game when I've been at one club for the entire save though. In my current save, I'm in my fifth season and on my third club (although I don't intend on leaving my current club for a few season unless it goes disastrously wrong or I get an offer I can't refuse).

i find it hard to take over a club later in the game. i just like starting at a club, building my own team and then watch them win things. if i move it can take me 2 seasons to get a team partly how i like it and it just doesnt feel the same to me

Stick with one team. Currently managing Toronto FC in the year 2013, and the club has announced that they're building a new stadium in my honor. Have Arshavin joining my team from Real Madrid on a free in July, and my club is willing to pay him $4.9 million a year as my Designated Player. Total team salary is $2.49 million (DP's only count as $425,000 against the cap) but Liverpool recently approached me about taking over...with a $125 million payroll. Decided to reject it.

I barely change teams in the same career, I mostly take one extra on top of one instead of leaving (unless I get sacked ofc).

I don't get satisfaction when I take over another team, I like to see my own work, see the team evolve. Only when playing in network I don't feel like I'm building something as I don't have the time to look around, then it's just get the best out of the team at that moment, such games never last longer than 3 seasons for me and friends anyway.

I now have 1 big team save with Juventus where I added a manager at Vaduz in 2019 for some Liechtenstein challenge. I'll retire that manager probably after next season as I'm not really improving and found out I can never get into the Champion's League with Vaduz anyway, so it's. I'm in 2024 there now.

Then I have a youth challenge started in the 10th tier in England (4 seasons now) and recently started as FC Andorra which I've put in 4th tier, loaded up with a lot of South and North American Leagues, 4th season there now.

These saves will keep me busy for at least a year I think, I'll probably skip FM2011.

@ Brick_Tamland : with my current Andorra game it takes like 2 days to complete, but I leave the game on almost all the time so sometims it's idle for hours, sometimes I just click a few things and do something else, but it takes around 12 hours something actual play time I think per season.

i'm a career game with 8 countries loaded,started off with blyth with the intention of moving to a better team when offered and hopefully moving in different countries,this worked from blyth to bristol rovers onto crystal palace,now when im offered bigger jobs i think would it be a big achievement to win the league/champ league? So now im staying with palace defeating the object of why i started the save!

Archived