He's pushed over the referee!

I remember in CM01-02 (My fave FM game ever) I had a player called Mathew Blinkhorn who pushed over the Referee and got a 10 match ban...

It was a while ago it happened, and I was young and I havn't seen it since, but I was wondering If I am making this up, or whether its happened to anyone else?

Yeah but that was 2 years after Di Canio pushed over the ref, no one I don't think anyone has done it since, certainly not in the Premiership so I doubt the feature is in it and I can't blame them for taking it out.

Me and my friend were playing a save together he was West Ham and in his very first game as manager Jermain Defoe punched the ref and was banned for half the season. so it was defiantly in there i cant remember a time when i laughed so much!! he of course was not best pleased as Defoe was by far his best striker!

i kinda wish they left this feature in.... maybe even expanded it. picture this: your team vs your main rivals, you tell your son (whos playing for your team) to go and "take out" the opposition striker with a sickening cheap shot, maybe aim for his weak knee. your son gets banned for 10 games, you main rival miss their main man and you romp to the title. comon, how could that NOT be fun? :)

i kinda wish they left this feature in.... maybe even expanded it. picture this: your team vs your main rivals, you tell your son (whos playing for your team) to go and "take out" the opposition striker with a sickening cheap shot, maybe aim for his weak knee. your son gets banned for 10 games, you main rival miss their main man and you romp to the title. comon, how could that NOT be fun? :)

Because it sounds like a bad film, or a disney film and next season you get revenge as your rivals manager and son injured your main man.

Is there any truth in the rumour the feature is STILL in the game, but it can just be newgens punching the ref/an opponent?

Moreso, I don't quite get the "legal issue" about that... Just place a disclaimer stating "the occurrence of a player assaulting the referee or an opponent is totally random" et voila...

Come on, USM had teams ACCEPTING BRIBES, yet I don't recall Sierra getting sued for that...

Hell, players tend to lose their temper every now and then, and sometimes huge brawls break out... why not bringing that back into the game... Realism realism, then we leave out scuffles, petty vendettas and suckerpunching?!

The "legal issue" thing is BS, otherwise we'd also get rid of players getting a red card for a two-footed challenge, or for not showing up at training after a long night of partying etc etc

Me and my friend were playing a save together he was West Ham and in his very first game as manager Jermain Defoe punched the ref and was banned for half the season. so it was defiantly in there i cant remember a time when i laughed so much!! he of course was not best pleased as Defoe was by far his best striker!

Did this happen in FM10?

Yeah but that was 2 years after Di Canio pushed over the ref, no one I don't think anyone has done it since, certainly not in the Premiership so I doubt the feature is in it and I can't blame them for taking it out.

David Prutton pushed the ref, but not over in 2005 and got a 10 match ban for it ;)

Archived