World Cup upgrades + downgrades

Diego Forlan only won the European Golden Shoe twice in five years. And Aguero is rated a lot better in this game which is quite ridiculous.

I remember looking at Muller in 10.3 and his stats are already really good and pretty accurate. Schweinsteiger needs a major boost considering not only the World Cup but his good league and European campaigns.

Diego Forlan only won the European Golden Shoe twice in five years. And Aguero is rated a lot better in this game which is quite ridiculous.

I remember looking at Muller in 10.3 and his stats are already really good and pretty accurate. Schweinsteiger needs a major boost considering not only the World Cup but his good league and European campaigns.

Yeah, by the world cup, Torres would be a League 2 player and Diego Forlan the best player in the world. However there could be some sense in that :p

He came from Uruguay, and made the scousers cry...

No Liverpool fan has ever cried over Forlan.

As for the thread. I seem to remember one El Hadji Diouf having a good tournament, its a bad idea boosting players stats based on 1 tournament, Ghana are the 6th (or so) best team in the world then.

What players should be given an upgrade / downgrade based on their performances a the World Cup?

None!!!

I seriously hope that the researchers will not base their entire opinion on 7 games max. World Cup performance is a good indicator in many cases, but take Schweinsteiger for example. He has deserved a great upgrade, but based on his club performance even much as based on the WC.

It's one of the remaining market inefficiencies that WC performances are way overrated.

Some of the players on smaller teams could use upgrades to make them closer to average or decent. I wouldnt upgrade anyone to messi levels. Personally i think some of the americans could use a tad uptick in some of their skills as many of the players like holden who has gone to bolton and made the us cup team isnt good enough in the game to do either. so players who made their teams and had decent showings but couldnt do that in real life should be upgraded.

None!!!

I seriously hope that the researchers will not base their entire opinion on 7 games max. World Cup performance is a good indicator in many cases, but take Schweinsteiger for example. He has deserved a great upgrade, but based on his club performance even much as based on the WC.

It's one of the remaining market inefficiencies that WC performances are way overrated.

Agree with this.

It was a strange World Cup in a way with the many of the so called best players struggling. Rooney, Ronaldo, Torres, Gerrard, Lampard and so on and so forth. Other players performed far better than expected. Muller, Ozil, Forlan.

I don't think any of those players or any others should be upgraded/downgraded based solely on the World Cup though.

But surely some of the "failures" should get a sensible penalty, at least in the "important match" attribute?

Also, Torres' natural fitness should drop one point or two as well?

I mean, World Cup is too short of a tournament to give bulletproof results in terms of performance etc, but it's the biggest stage for a footballer, so the failure to deliver outta be taken into account someway.

England and Italy's flops MUST be reflected in the game one way or another.

But surely some of the "failures" should get a sensible penalty, at least in the "important match" attribute?

I mean, World Cup is too short of a tournament to give bulletproof results in terms of performance etc, but it's the biggest stage for a footballer, so the failure to deliver outta be taken into account someway.

...France?

I think nobody is saying that the WC should be ignored. Whatever happens there has to be taken into account like all other matches.

However, we should keep in mind that especially France and Italy have played just 3 games. In comparison to the rest of the season that sample size is just too small to make any serious evaluation based on that. France had a crap manager who just couldn't form the team into any kind of unit and I wouldn't see any relation between the players' abilities and their results especially in that case.

Also Torres or van Persie were just not fully fit again after severe injuries. If anything should be altered then that is the code of how long players take to get back to their best form after an injury, not their abilities or attributes.

I blame most of France's appalling campaign on internal strife and on Domenech's ineptitude.

France had good-ish players, just terribly unprofessional [should be already present in the game] and "managed" by an idiot [ditto].

England and Italy had an ok coach, but it was mostly the players' fault if they came home so early.

I blame most of France's appalling campaign on internal strife and on Domenech's ineptitude.

France had good-ish players, just terribly unprofessional [should be already present in the game] and "managed" by an idiot [ditto].

England and Italy had an ok coach, but it was mostly the players' fault if they came home so early.

I agree with many others that many English players are overrated in the game, but I didn't need the WC to come to that conclusion ;)

It is. Professionalism is a hidden attribute.

Im a knee jerker, significantly boosted most of the Ghana side.

To roughly the following CA

J Paintsil 140

J Mensah (Snr) 155

J Mensah (Jnr) 135 (-8 PA)

I Vorsah 145

S Inkoom 135 (-8 PA)

A Ayew 140 (-9 PA)

A Annan 145

K Asamoah 150

K Prince-Boateng 155

P Tagoe 135

A Gyan -160

I think you mean Torres' Natural Fitness should drop TO 1 point or 2!

has to be schweinsteiger.

its just ridiculous to see his stats and compare him to real life.in FM hes medicore, in RL hes one of the best midfielders, played a fantastic season and worldcup.

whoever is responsible for rating him should never be assigned again with this task, i'm serious.

has to be schweinsteiger.

its just ridiculous to see his stats and compare him to real life.in FM hes medicore, in RL hes one of the best midfielders, played a fantastic season and worldcup.

whoever is responsible for rating him should never be assigned again with this task, i'm serious.

:D He's simply a good midfielder who, like most German players, does much better for the national team. He's pretty good in the database anyway, and will do a job for any top side.

I was absolutely shocked when I saw how low Wesley Sneijder was rated and the English players who are rated higher than him in the game. Arjen Robben should also be higher imo. I know it's an English game, but to me a lot of English players are way over rated compared to some of the continents finest.

:D He's simply a good midfielder who, like most German players, does much better for the national team. He's pretty good in the database anyway, and will do a job for any top side.

Have you seen him play for Bayern this year? If I'm not all wrong he was voted third in the player of the year award in Bundesliga this season (saw it in Kicker). The fun thing is that he's not good in the database compared to other's....lets compare with the English players that met Germany in the World cup. One of the english players had a lower CA than Scweinsteiger - that means that 10 out of the 11 english players starting the match is rated better in the database...that's overrating by the english researchers and underrating of Schweini. Another fun thing is that Upson and Terry together is rated better than Juan and Lucio - believe it those who want:-)

It's been noted in another thread [the one about flawed newgens] that the German researchers tend to not to overdo when rating the players, while the English [spanish and Italian too?] side of the db has been treated with more generosity.

I don't have Schweinsteiger's original attributes at hands right now, but I suppose he won't look godlike like, say, Gerrard or Lampard...

And I'm more keen on thinking the German "modesty" is the way to go for the next db ;)

P.S. about the proposed boosts for Ghana... no... Gyan is nowhere near 160... Don't know what his current CA/PA is, but I'd cut 10 to 20 points from your suggestions.

Said 140-160 ratings would mean the whole Ghana starting eleven could easily be first squad material in any EPL side, and probably good enough to be rotation at Top Four level... Nope... unless you go for low Consistency etc to even that out

actually he has been performing fantastic throughout the whole season for bayern munich so your statement is invalid.

and when i look at some midfielders from england i can just facepalm at the blatant bias in rating the players...and no, schweinsteigers current stats in no way resemble his real abilites.

Personally it should be based on there performances over the past 12-18 months so therefore:

UPGRADES:

Forlan (a significant mental attributes upgrade, along with technical and creativity)

Mueller

Ozil

Gyan (perhaps a mental upgrade)

Vittek (a wholesale uprgade)

DOWNGRADES:

Cannavaro (come on FM, hes 54 years old, how can his tackling still be better than Ferdinands)

The entire English team should be demoted and have the attributes of government mules (lol had to get that one in)

It's been noted in another thread [the one about flawed newgens] that the German researchers tend to not to overdo when rating the players, while the English [spanish and Italian too?] side of the db has been treated with more generosity.

I don't have Schweinsteiger's original attributes at hands right now, but I suppose he won't look godlike like, say, Gerrard or Lampard...

And I'm more keen on thinking the German "modesty" is the way to go for the next db ;)

I agree with you here.

Schweinsteiger has been subject of heated debate betwen DerMef, Bayern researcher and German head researcher, and mayn others. DerMef always argued that he must not take into account other performances than those made for Bayern. Yet, after a really average season of BS last year he enforced a triple punishment by lowering his CA, PA and consistency somewhat. I'm glad to see that BS proved him wrong here as his rl CA is higher than his in-game PA which is as far as I know about

without a doubt.

So apart from lowing abilities he also lowered consistency as he did indeed not play consistently the year before. For that he was attacked by people who argued that either of those would have sufficed as according to the new settings he would not even perform consistently on the new lower level.

Anyway, apart from being and having been on the side of the critics in that case I appreaciate the modesty of the German researchers.

However, the result of that modesty is German players being worse than irl if assuming the more generous approach by the researchers from other nations was correct. It is vitally important that SI manage to ensure a bit more consistency between the national researchers approaches, no matter which way, but by one way of levelling modesty and generousity.

As the German league is on the rise though, I guess that the guidelines for the CA and PA of players in Germany will soon allow for a few slightly higher values while at the same time people may realize that Terry, Gerrard and Lampard are very good players, but not among the top 5 in the world...

Archived