A few ideas for tactics

1) In the options where you have what the keeper does when he gets the ball or something in that area, have '2 cb's split and cdm drops to cb' or something along those lines to allow possession to be kept.

2) For wide play have 'drift inside aswell as cut inside

3) Have a 'playmaker' midfield role rather than just having a team playmaker to allow someone to actually have as many passess as someone like xavi

4) Have a 'roam anywhere' feature to allow the fluidity that goes on in teams like spain for individual players

5) Develop tactics massively to allow 'total football' possible e.g. more fluidity more realistic passing moves etc as now passing accuracy of 90% is impossible its more like 75 when for footballing sides with short passing keep possession it should be 85 at least

6) Allow positions to be anywhere on tactics board rather than fixed, again, allows tactics to be exctly like you want and more realistic fluidity to formations etc.

7) Simple just make the tactiocs much much more detailed to allow realism, look at this website to get an idea of just how complex tactics irl are compared to what u can do in fm :http://www.zonalmarking.net/category/worldcup2010/

p.s. please add your own ideas for tactics and keep this thread going as the more posts the more hance of them being considered/implememted for the game and also it has appeared to me it needs huge development in tit's tactoca; aspect really as the game gets more modern and more tactics are coming in. Plus i know i have more ideas that ive forgotten.

1) In the options where you have what the keeper does when he gets the ball or something in that area, have '2 cb's split and cdm drops to cb' or something along those lines to allow possession to be kept.

3) Have a 'playmaker' midfield role rather than just having a team playmaker to allow someone to actually have as many passess as someone like xavi

4) Have a 'roam anywhere' feature to allow the fluidity that goes on in teams like spain for individual players

5) Develop tactics massively to allow 'total football' possible e.g. more fluidity more realistic passing moves etc as now passing accuracy of 90% is impossible its more like 75 when for footballing sides with short passing keep possession it should be 85 at least

6) Allow positions to be anywhere on tactics board rather than fixed, again, allows tactics to be exctly like you want and more realistic fluidity to formations etc.

7) Simple just make the tactiocs much much more detailed to allow realism, look at this website to get an idea of just how complex tactics irl are compared to what u can do in fm :http://www.zonalmarking.net/category/worldcup2010/

p.s. please add your own ideas for tactics and keep this thread going as it has appeared to me it needs huge development really as the game gets more modern and more tactics are coming in. Plus i know i have more ideas that ive forgotten. Finally, im sure if we get enough good ideas i/anoyone can soeak to miles on twitter and show him this thread and hopefully get some ideas implemented

1) Whats GK distribution got to do with the defensive tactics?

2) Both the same?

3) "Deep Lying Playmaker" & "Advanced Playmaker" are already available.

4) High creative freedom and tick "Roam from Position". You also have swop position which is what Spain do to a certain extent.

5) Mine looks very realistic, I think you need a better understanding of whats available to you.

6) No need, positions aren't exact they are just general guidelines.

7) Tactics in FM can be extremely complex and most of those on that website can be mostly duplicated if you use the right instructions.

Overall I would say you would benefit from reading the TT&F guide and dig deeper into the options available to you within the game.

p.s. please add your own ideas for tactics and keep this thread going as the more posts the more hance of them being considered/implememted for the game and also it has appeared to me it needs huge development in tit's tactoca; aspect really as the game gets more modern and more tactics are coming in. Plus i know i have more ideas that ive forgotten.

1. Nice idea, for a deep lying playmaker, I like.

2. Not bothered if it comes in.

3. 2 options aswell as Team Playmaker.

4. Creative freedom? Stick to position?

5. You could possibly create this already.

6. A few more slots would be nice for added customization but not really necessary.

7. Again, a few things may be added, nothing urgently required.

1) The keeper throws/kicks it out to them

2) No they're not, cut inside is with the ball, drift is without

3) What i mean is a player that ALWAYS goes to the ball, it is impossibl if not very rare to get a player make 80 passes a game, like xavi

4) It still doesnt do the job, and to a certain extent isnt good enough, especially as if they do wap, they do different roles .g. pedro and xavi swap flanks ut keep the same roles

5) It deefinitely isnt possible to a realistic extent i.e huge ppossession passing acuracy, i dont think i need a better understanding i have spent aaaaaaaaaaaaaages trying to get the total football and tried (along with others in a 'project' to see if we could recreate barca) everything.

6) I know but i cant egt it exact literally without more flexible positions

7) The formations yes but the content and the complexity of gameplans are more complex than what fm can offer, especially in the total foptball area

overall-i have been on every area trust me mate, it needs imprving

thanks for replying though, any feedback appreciated, at the end of the day i just want fm to get better and be more realisstic

1) You can sort-of do this already by setting your DM's mentality to very defensive, and I'm certain you can set your goalkeeper's distribution to a specific player.

2) You can do this already, see Cleon's tactical discussion thread about mimicking Brazil with Arsenal for details. He gets Walcott to do this exact thing.

3) Again, already there. I've managed it with much lesser sides. The tactics wizard is there to help you create tactics, not do them for you.

4) Ditto. Tick roaming, high creative freedom, tell players to swap position.

5) See 3) wizard comment.

6) See 2) comment. According to you this would be impossible due to the Ramires/Elano position, yet its been done!

7) NO! Its far more important that the ME accurately simulates your tactics. Making tactical options more detailed simply makes the game more time consuming and less accurate at carrying out your instructions on the pitch.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but honestly the tactics side is about the most developed part of FM and what sets it apart from other management sims. Other areas are far more in need of work.

stemlfc this is exctly what i'm gettig at, you watch a full match and you think JUST PLAY IT BACK, NO,NO,NO OH FOR GOD SAKE. Even with everyione on the shortest passing possible, crossing rare on everyone and pass to feet with a far superior team like barca, it is impossible to emulate what they do irl, and this shouldnt be the way.

1) You can sort-of do this already by setting your DM's mentality to very defensive, and I'm certain you can set your goalkeeper's distribution to a specific player.

2) You can do this already, see Cleon's tactical discussion thread about mimicking Brazil with Arsenal for details. He gets Walcott to do this exact thing.

3) Again, already there. I've managed it with much lesser sides. The tactics wizard is there to help you create tactics, not do them for you.

4) Ditto. Tick roaming, high creative freedom, tell players to swap position.

5) See 3) wizard comment.

6) See 2) comment. According to you this would be impossible due to the Ramires/Elano position, yet its been done!

7) NO! Its far more important that the ME accurately simulates your tactics. Making tactical options more detailed simply makes the game more time consuming and less accurate at carrying out your instructions on the pitch.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but honestly the tactics side is about the most developed part of FM and what sets it apart from other management sims. Other areas are far more in need of work.

1) You definitely cannot do this, and I want to do it for when the keeper just has it

2) Fair enough i'll have a look

3) You still can't EASILY as irl get the main playmaker to do the xavi role irl, a role that is becomig more and more prominent, but i'll give it a go

4) See what I said to cougar

5) Total Football simply is not possible to a realistic extent

6) I would still like to make more positions available

7) It needs development to allow tactics to be made more easily I haven't known one person even when asking the 'experts' on fm view etc who has CORRECTLY, EXACTLY emulated total football, which must be fixed

Yes they are good, but still needs development to allow the perfect tactic, thanks for the link btw

stemlfc this is exctly what i'm gettig at, you watch a full match and you think JUST PLAY IT BACK, NO,NO,NO OH FOR GOD SAKE. Even with everyione on the shortest passing possible, crossing rare on everyone and pass to feet with a far superior team like barca, it is impossible to emulate what they do irl, and this shouldnt be the way.

This suggests you don't fully understand the options.

If you set the passing range to short but don't have anybody in that range to receive a pass then the player is forced to ignore your orders. The second issue that springs to mind is that your mentality is too attacking. On an attacking mentality a player looks to pass the ball forward and shows a reluctance to pass it backwards or square.

Archived