Club finances

Sorry- might be me being daft, but I can't find where I can look at my club's finances? Am I doing something wrong or is the info on the information screen all there is - I'm a bit confused too as it says my wage budget is 19,000. What does this mean as its clearly not the total wage budget - I know City are going through hard times but Danny Mills alone gets more than that!

Sorry- might be me being daft, but I can't find where I can look at my club's finances? Am I doing something wrong or is the info on the information screen all there is - I'm a bit confused too as it says my wage budget is 19,000. What does this mean as its clearly not the total wage budget - I know City are going through hard times but Danny Mills alone gets more than that!

• SI Staff

There isn't a total wage budget visible in FMH instead we opted for a similar system to that in our third series of games where you instead are just given the maximum wage you can offer.

As far as Manchester City go, I'm afraid they are somewhat restricted in finances currently irl and in the game ... sorry.

If you manage things sensibly during the first season and the club performs reasonably in the Premiership then I'd expect there's a very reasonable chance you'll find the budget increases somewhat during subsequent seasons.

PS> You'll also likely find that players who are considered key players at the club might be allowed to exceed the indicated budget somewhat (but only if the board likes them) ..

That's cool- I thought the 19.000 was supposed to be in total! If you spend all your budget can you be in the red then? Is the transfer budget more akin to a balance number now? ie when that number gets to zero the club is out of money - does this mean TV money etc is simply added to this figure? Sorry for all the questions!

That's cool- I thought the 19.000 was supposed to be in total! If you spend all your budget can you be in the red then? Is the transfer budget more akin to a balance number now? ie when that number gets to zero the club is out of money - does this mean TV money etc is simply added to this figure? Sorry for all the questions!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ross_ntu:

That's cool- I thought the 19.000 was supposed to be in total! If you spend all your budget can you be in the red then? Is the transfer budget more akin to a balance number now? ie when that number gets to zero the club is out of money - does this mean TV money etc is simply added to this figure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically the transfer budget is just that - the transfer budget, the clubs overall financial state is reflected in the errr 'financial state' which is shown on a few of the screens (most notably the Club 'Information' screen).

If you continually over spend then you'll find this will drop down and as you'd expect your subsequent wage and transfer budgets will be reduced ...

(so yes Television money etc. is present - however its effect only visible through the 'financial state' rather than you getting a full breakdown of the clubs actual bank balance in the PSP game)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry for all the questions! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite all right, after all thats one of the main reasons we have these forums after all icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

Spurs finances at start of the game:

Financial State: Secure

Transfer Budget: £5.25m

Maximum Wage: £22,000 (although board will allow renewals for some key players up to around £33,000, they might also do this for signings if they like the player in question and you're performing exceptionally well).

(these will probably vary slightly from game to game incidentally)

Obviously if you secure a place in Europe next season as it looks like they'll manage irl then you can expect these to rise somewhat come season two ....

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plumble:

I'm sure that is a very realistic transfer budget for spurs taking everything in to mind. The thing i don't understand is they spend a lot more on many players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be one of a number of things - did they sell anyone and raise funds that way (I'm sure you've checked that but I have to ask), were they doing well in the league and/or cup competitions? (in which case there's a small chance they might have had funds injected by the board) ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plumble:

I'm sure that is a very realistic transfer budget for spurs taking everything in to mind. The thing i don't understand is they spend a lot more on many players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This season we spent 6m on incoming players. That was Jenas alone. We got tainio, stalteri, lee, davids etc for free or almost nothing. add to that that weve sold a lot of players lik the pompey lot and we are a very very well run club with a good board (for a change) and we always sell out our stadium.

on that football economics i think we were 14th in the world, and we were the only club in the top 20 who hadnt been in the CL for 10 years 8even though we havent been for 20 years at least!).

Archived